Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Asking those with Lawrence NJ deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
Wondering what others who ordered at the Lawrence Sales Center have on their MVPA

I ordered directly at the store and last week got my MVPA. On it it indicates

SELLER’S NAME AND ADDRESS:

Tesla Inc.

1605 Route 70 West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

Seems a little odd and I am beginning to convince myself that it's a reject that maybe has been semi-patched up. And it's a 36xxx VIN which seems a bit low by current standards.

I’ve had an order in since March, this is my 3rd vin match: 1st blue/black 57xx, gave up vin in april, just wasnt ready to take a delivery. 2nd: updated to white/black 34xxx 2 weeks ago after telling them i’m ready, only took them 1 day to match me, rejected delivery for panel gaps and misalignment. 3rd vin 37xxx delivery tomorrow. Everytime I’ve asked for a VIN, it’s only taken 1/2 days for MVPA to show up in my Tesla account and delivery has always come within 2 weeks.

I’ve had an order in since March, this is my 3rd vin match: 1st blue/black 57xx, gave up vin in april, just wasnt ready to take a delivery. 2nd: updated to white/black 34xxx 2 weeks ago after telling them i’m ready, only took them 1 day to match me, rejected delivery for panel gaps and misalignment. 3rd vin 37xxx delivery tomorrow. Everytime I’ve asked for a VIN, it’s only taken 1/2 days for MVPA to show up in my Tesla account and delivery has always come within 2 weeks.
How are they able to get you one very soon when you called them. I must have called them > 5 times, no luck. I have seen folks picking up with same configuration as I who ordered after me. Drives me nuts...

Rejected my delivery today. The rims cam curb rashed and there were huge gaps.

Attachments

• 8DC17B61-2A7B-484C-BD2A-36537FF0A950.jpeg
    8DC17B61-2A7B-484C-BD2A-36537FF0A950.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 91
  • B521B83C-DD55-4664-96B2-708E1572808F.jpeg
    B521B83C-DD55-4664-96B2-708E1572808F.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 63
I think rejected VIN's are passed on to the next customer in the queue. Welcome to the waiting room.
Thank you for the info sir. Spoke to a Tesla rep today. They said everyone that orders gets a new one manufactured and rejected ones are not passed to the next customer. Don’t know how true that is but that was the rep told me. Also he stated that anyone that placed an order in my area would be getting a vehicle by end of month regardless.

Haven’t had great experience with Lawrenceville. I’m in PA but closer to the Lawrenceville location and that’s where I did a test drive. When I ordered online they only gave me option to pick up in Devon Pennsylvania. After I ordered I emailed the rep repeatedly and I never received a reply. I called them and spoke to somebody different who did help me with a loan issue and said they would switch my delivery to Lawrenceville.

When I did get a VIN assigned The email I got was from a rep and Devon saying it would be delivered there. I decided to leave it because I have lost some confidence in the Lawrenceville store, and I was worried that trying to switch it now may hold things up. Also the rep there talked up their inspection process that all cars must pass with their service Dept prior to delivery, so I felt comfortable.

Scheduled for delivery September 9 in theory. Yesterday morning my car was still in Chicago where it’s been for a week so we will see.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info sir. Spoke to a Tesla rep today. They said everyone that orders gets a new one manufactured and rejected ones are not passed to the next customer. Don’t know how true that is but that was the rep told me. Also he stated that anyone that placed an order in my area would be getting a vehicle by end of month regardless.
That's good to know. I wonder what they do with the rejected vehicles.

Wondering what others who ordered at the Lawrence Sales Center have on their MVPA

Tesla Inc.

1605 Route 70 West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

Seems a little odd and I am beginning to convince myself that it's a reject that maybe has been semi-patched up. And it's a 36xxx VIN which seems a bit low by current standards.

I believe all New Jersey deliveries have Cherry Hill listed on MVPA, as I they are the location with the license in the state.

Tesla Inc.

1605 Route 70 West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

I have the owner on my Model 3 paperwork. I believe because the Lawrenceville location is relatively new, they opened late in Feb/Mar 2020 and they have not all their paperwork in place. Also for mobile service I had a ranger come from Springfield instead of Lawrence.

Overall my delivery experience was good and very minor issues