Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Assembly Plant in TEXAS? Would that shift deliver priorities?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I hear the folks in Cali received the Model 3 sooner than others spread out across the rest of "Merica", so thrilled to hear us citizens in the "fly-over" states may get quicker than expected deliveries if the TEXAS assembly plant goes through. Yee Haw !

That move would solidify Tesla as 'merica's truck company.

But if having Tesla Cybertrucks made in Texas means shipping priority like it is for California, it means owners in Texas will get their Tesla cybertrucks later than the rest of country/world. Tesla seems to delivery in reverse order based on distance (aka shipping time) from the factory. In Q4 a lot of people in California that ordered in the 1st month of the quarter and were waiting for delivery of their cars until the last days of the quarter. Some were lined up outside the factory to get their cars on Dec 31. But, at least they got meet Elon and his mom, who brought along food trucks to feed everyone.

Last edited:
Years ago before the first 3's were built, Elon talked about creating a pickup truck and building it in Texas.

Have you seen that chart that shows where CT orders are? The shocking part is that most of the orders appear to be in mid-west and plains states vice S/X/3 have been east/west coast. New markets here in the U.S. of A. Fascinating.

Last edited:

But if having Tesla Cybertrucks made in Texas means shipping priority like it is for California, it means owners in Texas will get their Tesla cybertrucks later than the rest of country/world. Tesla seems to delivery in reverse order based on distance (aka shipping time) from the factory. In Q4 a lot of people in California that ordered in the 1st month of the quarter and were waiting for delivery of their cars until the last days of the quarter. Some were lined up outside the factory to get their cars on Dec 31. But, at least they got meet Elon and his mom, who brought along food trucks to feed everyone.
That's good to know, I live in Lower Alabama so I hope it all washes out. Thanks for the update.

Knowing my kinfolk in Texas they would just have an excuse to have a barbecue or chili coof off in the parking lot waiting for the trucks to roll out the door and having a good time in the process.

No. That is incorrect. Initially Tesla made the model 3 for CA residents having priority. If CT was made in Texas , initially delivery’s would be concentrated around the factory to give fastest payback and improved cash flow. Then they would start a wave where cars were timed to all be delivered by the end of a quarter, but then everyone gets vehicles at a similar time.

Elon Musk has a very specific vision for the ideal factory: densely packed, vertically integrated and unusually massive. During Tesla Inc.’s early days of mass production, he was chided for what was perceived as hubris. Now, Tesla’s original California factory has achieved a brag-worthy title: the most productive auto plant in North America.

No. That is incorrect. Initially Tesla made the model 3 for CA residents having priority. If CT was made in Texas , initially delivery’s would be concentrated around the factory to give fastest payback and improved cash flow. Then they would start a wave where cars were timed to all be delivered by the end of a quarter, but then everyone gets vehicles at a similar time.
Key word being "Initially". As it sits today, new Tesla buyers in the SF Bay Area received to pickup their cars on the last day of the quarter.

How do I know? My new model X showed being available for pickup on March 31, 2022 4PM at Fremont on the app. This delivery date appeared when I got up and checked the app March 31, 2022 at 7 AM. Unfortunately I was 300 miles away and could not pick it up that day. When I called to let them know I could not pick up the car and complained about the lack of earlier notice, the person told me they try to get customers who are close to the factory (we live 10 miles away) to pick up vehicles late in the quarter to bump up the quarter delivery numbers. We are on our third Tesla and each time it has been in the last few days of the quarter.