Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Assistance with configuring Powerwall (Advanced Cost Saving Mode) for SDG&E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I've had 3x powerwalls for about 6 months now and recently got a Model Y and changed to EV-TOU5 to take advantage of the super off-peak rates. I was previously on NEM1.0.

One of the challenges I'm having is that the app only seems to have off-peak, peak, and a "grey" ambiguous time.

Are there any guides that exist with some recommendations around how best to configure the Powerwall specifically for super-off peak, off-peak, and on-peak times in the app? If there isn't a distinct way to configure the app to support all three, if there are other suggestions on how to configure it to maximize cost savings, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I set mine for just peak and off peak, i.e., made off peak go all the way to peak with no grey (shoulder). I did not want my PWs discharging during shoulder time which it will do under some circumstances in cost saving mode.

Do you have 4 different rates, i.e., shoulder in addition to super off peak, off peak, and peak? If not just treat supper super off peak as off peak and off peak as shoulder

I set mine for just peak and off peak, i.e., made off peak go all the way to peak with no grey (shoulder). I did not want my PWs discharging during shoulder time which it will do under some circumstances in cost saving mode.

Got it.

Do you have 4 different rates, i.e., shoulder in addition to super off peak, off peak, and peak? If not just treat supper super off peak as off peak and off peak as shoulder

We only have super off-peak, off-peak and peak.

Thanks for the input!