TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Assistance with Fair Price for 2010 Roadster Sport

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Rich S, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Rich S

Rich S New Member

As I am new to Tesla I would appreciate any advice as to the fair price to pay for a used 2010 Roadster Sport. The car has less than 3,000 miles and a number of options. Total MSRP was a little over $144k. Any suggestions on what to offer? Thanks.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Check E-bay, There are cars for sale with a variety of prices. Some sales prices are mentioned in the "Tesla For Sale" thread towards the botton of this site under Marketplace.

3. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

There are 2 sports around the $90k mark on ebay now. One is loaded.

The price of used roadsters has come down quite a bit lately it seems.

4. richkae

richkae VIN587

There are some important caveats to looking to ebay for a price.
    Setting a low opening bid can just be advertising - the real thing you need to know is final sale price or the reserve.
    If there is a reserve price, that is more important than the current bid price. Most of the time you don't know what it is.
    If a sale actually happens, the price may change a lot from the last known bid price, and you don't find out the final price if you are not involved.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

If you bookmark the URL and come back after the auction is over then you can see the final price.

6. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

It's not my first day on the internet.

These are BIN prices.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electric-Red-Sports-Car-/280624134534?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4156807986

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Tesla-Sport-Roadster-Fully-Optioned-Incredible-/190498235685?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c5a946525

7. richkae

richkae VIN587

qwk, no offense intended, my comment was intended as a caution to the original poster.

It is hard to come up with "fair" prices when the market is so small.