Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Assuming someone else's Model 3 order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry for the newbie question. I have been lurking on this board for a while now.

I was hoping someone could give me a good Tesla representative's phone number to discuss an opportunity we have to purchase a Model 3.

Someone I trust has decided they don't need their Model 3 that is currently on order. The current purchaser has already customized the vehicle and is expecting a Sales Advisor to contact them in "a week or two" with a VIN. Apparently, it may not be too late to make changes to the vehicle and/or delivery.

Can anyone chime in on lessons learned transferring the vehicle? I know this may be on shaky ground but I'm very open minded to hear your thoughts on the risks/rewards. The seller is willing to transfer the vehicle to mytesla account before I reimburse him for his $3500 deposit. As I understand it there is a $500 change fee which would be worth it to us if we could tweak the color, a few features, and/or the delivery location.

Mahalo for your help.