Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aston Martin DBX concept EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be hard to gauge proportions without seeing it in person, but it looks like an attempt at a crossover SUV to my eyes. The name DBX also suggests that that is the aim (given the usual naming sequence of DB6,7,8,9 etc, DBS). The "X" seems to be model speak for SUV (see also BMW X3,5,6). also would not be surprising for them to get into the SUV game with other ultra-high-Enders coming out with SUVs soon - lambo, rolls, Benley, Maserati, and of course the X

It doesn't look anything like a CUV to me. It looks more like a Model S on super high suspension:

aston-martin-dbx-concept-inline-photo-657180-s-original.jpg

I may just be blind to what they're trying to do. To me a SUV is something with high ground clearance, skid plates, 4WD, possibly mud tires. If you can't go off-roading, then what's the point? The whole "crossover" or CUV thing has long been a mystery to me. Isn't that just the currently-fashionable name for something like a station wagon or a minivan?

When I look at the DBX, I see pony car. Mustang, Camaro, Challenger.

I may just be blind to what they're trying to do. To me a SUV is something with high ground clearance, skid plates, 4WD, possibly mud tires. If you can't go off-roading, then what's the point? The whole "crossover" or CUV thing has long been a mystery to me. Isn't that just the currently-fashionable name for something like a station wagon or a minivan?

Not exactly. It's taller and easier to load than a station wagon and smaller than a minivan. In a lot of ways it's a compromise between the two. It's popular because it fits a niche better than the alternatives (not everybody needs the room of a minivan and yet finds a CUV much more practical than a wagon).

When I look at the DBX, I see pony car. Mustang, Camaro, Challenger.

I totally agree. IMO it bears no resemblance to a CUV in appearance or function.