Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ASY-HV BATTERY,90KWH,SX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just replaced our out of warranty 85kWh battery with a new, not remanufactured 90kWh battery at a total cost of ~$22,000 for our 2012 Signature Edition P85 Model S. I picked it up from the Service Center yesterday (Earth Day 2021). The new battery gives us more range, faster charging (V3), and comes with a 4 year/ 50,000 miles warranty. We are happy with the results this far.
Hi @Jason Bloomberg

I’m considering doing the same thing. I have a Sig Red P85 w/ 136k miles. I have a few questions:

what did Tesla do with your old 85kwh pack? did they offer you any credit for it or the option to keep it?

how much range do you get @ 90% SOC?

how fast can you supercharge? what does your charge curve look like?

Thank you!

Hi @Jason Bloomberg

I’m considering doing the same thing. I have a Sig Red P85 w/ 136k miles. I have a few questions:

what did Tesla do with your old 85kwh pack? did they offer you any credit for it or the option to keep it?

Thank you!
The quoted cost is inclusive of Tesla keeping your old battery. They won’t let you have it.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Hi @Jason Bloomberg

Thank you!
Tesla gets the core. If I wanted to keep it, it would cost more. I didn't ask as I didn't want it. Range at 100% SOC is now 297 miles. Supercharges at 120 kW, maintains 100+ kW to about 50% SOC. Our charging times and frequency of charging is less compared to original battery. We feel it was a worthwhile upgrade and are enjoying the car we want to keep.

Tesla gets the core. If I wanted to keep it, it would cost more. I didn't ask as I didn't want it. Range at 100% SOC is now 297 miles. Supercharges at 120 kW, maintains 100+ kW to about 50% SOC. Our charging times and frequency of charging is less compared to original battery. We feel it was a worthwhile upgrade and are enjoying the car we want to keep.
Did you get it rebadged to a P90? :cool:

I have a May 2013 P40 and my HV battery just failed and I have to say that because my 40 had a 60 battery in it but was software limited I felt great about charging it to 100% of what the system allowed because that had a nice built in 30% margin. So it seems that short of perhaps preventing battery degradation there are lots of other reasons your HV battery is going to fail before degradation even becomes an issue.

Since this just happened on Friday I am considering all options for replacement or 3rd party repair.

I have a May 2013 P40 and my HV battery just failed and I have to say that because my 40 had a 60 battery in it but was software limited I felt great about charging it to 100% of what the system allowed because that had a nice built in 30% margin. So it seems that short of perhaps preventing battery degradation there are lots of other reasons your HV battery is going to fail before degradation even becomes an issue.

Since this just happened on Friday I am considering all options for replacement or 3rd party repair.
Hit up @wk057 for a replacement.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sig72 and Rocky_H
I just had the same done, but my car is still showing as a P85 in the app. My new battery is a 90 kWh pack, part number: 1014116-00-C. Sounds like I need to yell at Tesla to update my firmware?
@Sig72 - what is your 100%? I just had that same battery put in my car today, and I haven't picked up my car yet, but I saw many others had the same part number except theirs ends in "B", but yours and mine end in "C".