Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 3.2K miles car shows multiple errors, Tesla Service picking it up; software issue or worse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Team,

my 2019 P3D is having some pretty major issues. Went to leave work and received multiple errors (stability control disabled, regenerative breaking disabled, safety restraint fault, automatic emergency braking disabled, and POWER REDUCED (front motor disabled).
I called hotline after doing hard restart and they are picking up car tomorrow. Only has 3,200 miles. I couldn’t drive the car more than 2 mph and car did not feel right.

Do you think it’s a software issue or worse than that? Thanks for input.

There should be no reliability issues after car is returned. Comprehensive diagnostics and logging allow repair techs to identify all components that reported a problem, then verify that all is well before completing the job.

Most Model 3 owners accumulate 10s of thousands of miles with little or no trouble. My wife's P3D- flashed the reduced power/front motor disabled message during a shopping trip a day or two after we brought it home in Sept 2018. We drove home, the message was gone the next morning. When I brought the car in several months and thousands of miles later for some service, I mentioned that message. They reviewed diagnostics, talked to California, finally decided to replace the front drive unit. Drove home in an S85 loaner. That weekend drove the loaner to Cleveland & back. No Model 3 issues since except for self-inflicted wounds.

My first guess for such a wide scope of error messages is a bad ground cable attachment. Considering your low mileage, someone or a robot might not have tightened one end of a ground cable to specified torque. It could have then loosened enough to scare a lot of subsystems.

Reactions: alexGS
In my garage. I reside in a well kept gated community and a nearby neighbor mentioned he recently had an issue. Critters are everywhere; particularly in North Scottsdale.

I wouldn’t be worried. Afterwards, I set a trap and bought a bag filled with odor deterrent that the critters are supposed to hate.