Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 45, I should be better than this!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So to pass the time, as I wait for my baby to arrive, I've taken on a couple projects.

I'm remodeling my garage.

Mostly interior organization, some paint (tesla showroom colors of course :), cabinets, channels and hooks.
Couple NEMA 14-50 outlets.

The most interesting thing is that I'm making a large Tesla sign to mount on the wall. That thing has been a process, more mental than anything else.

Also, Neuromancer, despite my avatar, I'm around your age. Should I be better than this? Im not really sure what that even means. What's better than this? YOLO, and fun in life is allowed

Note: my 13 year old son thinks I'm being a bit obsessive about the whole thing.

If you knew him, you'd understand the irony in that.

Reactions: GSP and Btrflyl8e
Good stuff Joules Verne.

I'm going to start the same remodeling and organization process for my garage to give me something to take my mind of the obsessive page refreshes.

Several great name suggestions in the thread. Thanks everyone.

Incidentally, today officially begins week two since I confirmed my order, and the angst of the wait continues to grow rather than subside. :confused:

I'm going to start the same remodeling and organization process for my garage to give me something to take my mind of the obsessive page refreshes.

The angst of the wait continues to grow rather than subside. :confused:

I'm in the same situation as you and it's definitely getting worse. I've already started buying little accessories (washcloths, cleaning products, socket to take off front plate holder, etc)

Last night I was looking at pics of garage layouts so I could organize my own appropriately.

Varies by state. TN does not require you to have one, and when you go to get your plates, they only give you one.

We have a decent SuC situation here in TN. There's one in Nashville (Brentwood, really...about 20m south), Chattanooga, and Knoxville. Soon, there will be one in Memphis and/or Jackson out to the west. Not too shabby. About 1.5 hours no matter which direction you travel.

I had a deposit on a loaded BMW 550xi. Vehicle was in transit and delivery estimate was 2 weeks. I had test driven Audi A7, Porsche Panamera, and was wrapping up MB E350 lease. I liked the BMW but was just not that excited about it. I decided to go check out Tesla. I was given a MS 90D for overnight test drive. I cancelled the BMW order the next day. Lost my deposit but did not care. Now eagerly awaiting delivery of my 90D!

You really should be able to get your deposit back. Ask them again, and if they balk ask them to advise you of who the GM is, along with their legal counsel.

You did NOT take delivery, and that BMW became a showroom or lot car available for sale to anyone else. They suffered no loss that justifies their keeping your deposit.

Start with BMWUSA.com, then escalate to BBB is they balk, and work your way up to an attorney's letter. They'll cave as they're just keeping your money for spite. (Plus you could use those funds for Tesla bling:)

• Informative
Reactions: purplewalt
I may not be 45, but I'm 28 and I 1. Don't post on forums. 2. Don't necessarily get excited about things, but awaiting my delivery is something that I look forward to every day, and deciding to contribute to a forum.. that's something new, but I feel that contributing to this community is exciting as well. I have purchased a few high end vehicles, but decided that they don't do it for me, so I bought a truck, and said I would drive it until the wheels fall off. I started reading about Elon and Tesla a few years ago and contemplated the purchase. After two years of lurking and reading, I decided that I would go test drive a MS to see what it was all about. It wasn't but a few minutes into the drive that I was sure that I was going to purchase the car. That's my story, but now I wait until June to get my machine. :)

I may not be 45, but I'm 28 and I 1. Don't post on forums. 2. Don't necessarily get excited about things, but awaiting my delivery is something that I look forward to every day, and deciding to contribute to a forum.. that's something new, but I feel that contributing to this community is exciting as well. I have purchased a few high end vehicles, but decided that they don't do it for me, so I bought a truck, and said I would drive it until the wheels fall off. I started reading about Elon and Tesla a few years ago and contemplated the purchase. After two years of lurking and reading, I decided that I would go test drive a MS to see what it was all about. It wasn't but a few minutes into the drive that I was sure that I was going to purchase the car. That's my story, but now I wait until June to get my machine. :)
Soooo.... What's the machine?

Welcome to the forum AllChargedUp.
Owning a Tesla is an experience (well, at least I can authoritively say the moments up to owning one is).

Looking forward to hearing more from you, now that you got that first post out of the way.

Hi everyone, I never post on any forum... Anywhere. Only the the fevered longing for my Tesla (confirmed Tuesday), and the accompanying psychotic/obsessive reading, has lured me from my lurking. I feel a visceral need for connection and commiseration to anesthetisize the pining in my chest.

I'm 45 years old... I should be better than this. How can I be debilitatingly obsessed with a car? Am I six years old looking under the Christmas tree? It's unseemly.

Alas, all I could think of was to ask for feedback as I contemplate a name for my soon arrival.

Pearl white, black interior 75D, loaded with everything except rear facing seats and air suspension.

I normally prefer ominous and manly appellations, but pearl white doesn't seem to invite this.

How about: ArcAngel?

Dumb? Inspired? Effeminate? Clever?

I can't believe I just typed this post. What the @&&$ is happening to me?
I am 56-years-old, and feel the same way. I don't think the fascination, the drive, hope, enthusiasm, obsession have to diminish with age. It's a misguided foregone conclusion that we will all some day resign ourselves to playing Bingo as a daily pastime. On the other hand, some of us will be glued to our hobbies and respective forums.