Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 45, I should be better than this!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also 45yo also when I got my second hand S85D. After lurking the forum for two years I was not going to let a 6mo old victim of Ludicrous upgraditis fall into the wrong hands for 20k off MSRP, so I bought the car sight unseen and had it trucked to me across the entire country. Best decision ever, other than marrying my wife!!!

Maybe you should take on a garage renovation. Will double as a clean up project and give your new Tesla a nice home. I'm not sure what kind of skills you have, but maybe you'll even make something cool others might want to buy! If you search the threads, a guy (in Belgium I think) made an awesome Tesla logo cord holder.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Maybe you should take on a garage renovation. Will double as a clean up project and give your new Tesla a nice home. I'm not sure what kind of skills you have, but maybe you'll even make something cool others might want to buy! If you search the threads, a guy (in Belgium I think) made an awesome Tesla logo cord holder.

This is what I'm going to do. I've already followed Btrflyl8e's advice and read and watched everything I can get my hands on. I have an electrician coming today to look at the power, and then I plan to take the renovation of the garage on as a challenge to distract me. I don't know if I have any skills that would translate to a consumer product thought... Lol.

The garage project does seem suspiciously similar to expecting parents channeling their anticipation into painting and decorating the baby's room. This only further makes me suspect Tesla has induced psychological imbalance.

This is what I'm going to do. I've already followed Btrflyl8e's advice and read and watched everything I can get my hands on. I have an electrician coming today to look at the power, and then I plan to take the renovation of the garage on as a challenge to distract me. I don't know if I have any skills that would translate to a consumer product thought... Lol.

The garage project does seem suspiciously similar to expecting parents channeling their anticipation into painting and decorating the baby's room. This only further makes me suspect Tesla has induced psychological imbalance.
Careful with this one. I had the same plan, and then the electrician was done in about 2 hours, and I was back to waiting. You need milk the garage prep as long as possible!

It's called "nesting", and we've all done it while awaiting delivery!

Read the manual again. And again.

Might as well share my obsession.

Not exactly a showroom, but it's mine. Tesla colors. Had fun making the Tesla sign.
Hanging those channels and cabinets took way longer than expected - but no car yet, so...
The NEMA 14-50 outlets are by the bay doors, and the electricians banged those out in a morning.

image.jpeg

Have fun! I'm pretty sure you can handle painting/storage but here's a site with some good info on floors: All Garage Floors | Garage flooring options, ideas, and tips

Might do some tiles myself... will look much better during winter - at least that's the excuse I'm using

I may not be 45, but I'm 28 and I 1. Don't post on forums. 2. Don't necessarily get excited about things, but awaiting my delivery is something that I look forward to every day, and deciding to contribute to a forum.. that's something new, but I feel that contributing to this community is exciting as well. I have purchased a few high end vehicles, but decided that they don't do it for me, so I bought a truck, and said I would drive it until the wheels fall off. :)

Im in the same boat - 30 year old business owner and have owned Subaru, scion, Nissan, dodge, Volvo, Mercedes, Toyota, and jeep vehicles .... 10 in total in 10 years - I'm a car addict but in the last 4 months have been a tesla addict .... Pick mine up the week of the 13th of June in Toronto. Driving my wife absolutely nuts with tesla banter daily but she's starting to get excited herself !! I keep telling her I'm going to keep my 70D for 8 years (or until I can afford a P100DL :) ) HPWC is installed, driveway is swept (no garage) - just need to get a "tesla only" parking sign and I'll be ready for its arrival !!!

Can't come quick enough now.

Thanks everyone for their stories and updates.

Very cool! How on earth did you make the sign?

Thanks! I had a lot of time to ponder how to attack that one.

Got a decent (smooth) piece of plywood, sanded it.
Applied grey prime, then 5 coats of Benjamin Moore neon red (official tesla color).
Got this vector file:
Tesla | Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and logotypes

Had a sign shop cut it from 1/4 inch white acrylic (to my specified size).
Used 3M double sided foam tape to adhere logo/text to the board.
Bolted it to my garage wall.

Bring on the car (next week BTW)!

I showed it to the boys at my local Tesla store, and they loved it.
Of course, they know our breed by now.
We're somewhat infatuated with the brand, and are prone to do loopy things.

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV
In what is clearly a cyber-defense response to the strain I was placing on their web servers, Tesla informed me this morning that my Model S has entered production!!!

I would also note my DS has been super responsive (only initiated two email conversations with him, honest!). He told me last night the car should finish up production next week and be on a truck to Nashville.

I confirmed on 5/18 with S/N 1442xx

Clearly, the Tesla end of quarter expediency is legit. Happy, happy!

Now I'm off to try prepare the nursery... Uh... I mean garage.

Got the update below today from my DS. I wanted to mention that I've heard others express concern with their DS not communicating, but mine has been excellent. He responds same day every time I've emailed him.

"Mini-update: your Model S has made it through paint and is now in assembly – this is where the magic happens! Will keep you posted on continued progress."

So excited!!! Working on the garage now... Oh, and investigating solar. Tesla is the energy gateway drug...