Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 45, I should be better than this!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The following is totally true, word for word, except for the very last part.

We went out with two other couples last Saturday night. One asked if my new Tesla had been delivered. I replied that it had. Michelle then said "I think he loves his Tesla more than he loves me!" She was not smiling. Attempting to reassure her, I told her "No, sweetie. I love you both just the same." That's when she hit me.

I made the mistake many years ago of telling my wife that I had a computer before I'd met her and hoped it would help her to understand my sometimes obsessive behavior in that regard. Big Mistake.

I have not made that mistake with my MS, though I'm certain she can see right through me by now. And besides, she told me to just get it already - that I "deserved it" (her words!)... She's got noone to blame but herself. :D

gas_lol.jpg

Adding to the list of things I never thought I would do, I installed a dashcam. Took almost 4 hours (most of it spent trying to get the cords through microphone area and the pesky rear rubber tube. Apparently I created a new method for dealing with the cord on the other side which I doubt will catch on. I made a slit, not a huge gaping hole. I think it will be fine as long as I don't submerge the car. After pouring a bucket of water on the hatch and going through 3 touch-less washes I haven't seen any evidence of water leakage for what it's worth.

I dropped my car (name's Lina) at a shop for XPEL and Opticoat pro plus this morning. Since MI hates Tesla, there are only a few places that have dealt with them. I've been waiting a month for this appointment and every day I've been having mild anxiety attacks thinking I'm going to get rock chipped. In the end I found 2 small ones. One on the front lip just towards the passenger side and the other on the front logo chrome trim just to the side of the T - I drive on the highway almost every day so it's pretty hard to pick them out from the smashed bugs at least

A brief dialogue from drop off:
Shop guy: "Oh it has the new front end right?"
Me: "Yes. I was worried about that flat front section getting chipped so I left the license plate frame on. Can you take it off for me?"
SG: [after checking it out] "yeah I just need to figure out how you get these weird star bolt things off..."
[...]
SG: "So it's brand new?"
Me: "Yes. I've had the car for about a month."
SG: "Have you taken it through any friction washes?"
Me: [facial expression: Through a WHAT?! You think I've been riding around in fear and then decided it was cool to roll it through a sandpaper conveyor?!] :eek:
SG: "Good, of course you didn't"

@Neuromancer you owe us some more pics/garage info! I'm sure you're too busy enjoying Shadowfax for that though;)

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Man, that is a really nice color! I hate to spend another $3000 but I may do it for the same reason. Xpel will give me some peace of mind. My upstate house has a long gravel driveway and some areas I go have dirt roads. I think the Xpel is a must. OK, that's it. I just talked myself into it :) Getting Xpel :)

Such a great thread.

My name is Dan, and I'm a Teslaholic.

I have been a fan since I first saw the roadster, then started reading. Then I test-drove a model s in 2013, and was a goner. I started saving, and negotiating with my wife. I have almost zero headroom in the S - with the panoramic roof it's ok, but I waited for the X. I read for hours in this forum and on tesla.com (I admit it - daily). Didn't initially even have a user ID, just 'lurked'. It went into high gear after the X reveal....put my reservation in a week later (October 7, 2015).

Then negotiations went into high gear. We got a new house, new back yard, two kittens, and a new puppy (and we already had a dog and cat!). And a family cruise to Canada (OK, that was a company reward trip, but I kind of counted it anyway). I will be taking out the trash with no complaints forever, and will never get another toy.... Hardest sale of my life, getting my wife on board!

Though we DO still have an old truck...when the pets need to go somewhere that's what they ride in!

And I still spend more time on TMC than any other website other than work - and that is pretty close. 2 months and 3000 miles in, absolutely worth it all. And still spending almost as much time on here...I thought it would wear off, but so far not at all...

Gforced,

I totally get it. My Dad is a mechanic and a true 'car guy', so I grew up around all kinds of cars. His taste is more in the classic side - he has a restored 1929 Model A. But this car is nothing like anything else I've owned or driven.

My Dad got to go for a quick ride with me when he was in town briefly. Very impressed...when he's back I'll get him to get behind the wheel...I suspect he'll be trying to find a way to justify one soon after...

Reactions: nikielizabeth