Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 6'7" will I fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd definitely say test drive one with a top on before you buy. It will be a very tight fit for you. Maybe the Model S performance might work if the Roadster doesn't?
Good idea. I checked out the S soon after the Portland store opened, and I fit very well in there even without the glass top. So I'm reservation #11389.
I also have a second home, and the Roadster would be perfect there when the S arrives here in a year.
I watched the vid, and it looks like he does have a (very) little room to spare, so I'm going to see if I can get in one around here. There's a blue one for sale in Portland.
Any idea if the hard top has more or less room than the rag top?

Good idea. I checked out the S soon after the Portland store opened, and I fit very well in there even without the glass top. So I'm reservation #11389.
I also have a second home, and the Roadster would be perfect there when the S arrives here in a year.
I watched the vid, and it looks like he does have a (very) little room to spare, so I'm going to see if I can get in one around here. There's a blue one for sale in Portland.
Any idea if the hard top has more or less room than the rag top?

Yeah, the hardtop does have a tiny amount of extra room. I'm almost 6'3" tall and my head touches the roof if I don't slouch down in the seat a little. Your head will stick up over the windshield without the top so wear glasses and don't do the EV grin too much because of bugs:smile:

There a 6 7 (I think) qwner here in LA.

For a year or so he had made a custom soft top strut to arc higher over his head.

Last tine I saw him he had notched out the CF of roll bar over the seat for his head and has literally cut out the CF bottom the the seat so he is sitting on the floor. That part looks normal to the eye though.

The man loves his Tesla!

For a year or so he had made a custom soft top strut to arc higher over his head
Not a bad idea. I was looking at that bar in the one I am buying. I think I have some stainless I can use to make these.
Last tine I saw him he had notched out the CF of roll bar over the seat for his head and has literally cut out the CF bottom the the seat so he is sitting on the floor. That part looks normal to the eye though
I'll check out seat mods. I've had to do them in the past. I'm not really into mods that can't be undone, like grinding away parts!
You can remove the sun visors to help with visibility. They slide off the mount pins, which opens up a couple more inches of windshield space.
An excellent idea. I don't need visors anyway. I think I'll remove the pins too. They might be dangerous if I get bounced around in there.
I might get a small window sewn into the ragtop for traffic light visibility. It's a problem for me with every car I've owned, even with my big Chrysler SUV.
There are a lot of advantages to being tall, but there are a few drawbacks too!

An excellent idea. I don't need visors anyway. I think I'll remove the pins too. They might be dangerous if I get bounced around in there.
I might get a small window sewn into the ragtop for traffic light visibility. It's a problem for me with every car I've owned, even with my big Chrysler SUV.
There are a lot of advantages to being tall, but there are a few drawbacks too!

If your head managed to contact that pin it would only be because your head was sticking out through the windshield. I think you'd have bigger problems at that point.

Simpler cosmetic solution is to cover it with a piece of black heat-shrink tubing.

For the record, I didn't bother on mine.

If your head managed to contact that pin it would only be because your head was sticking out through the windshield. I think you'd have bigger problems at that point.

Simpler cosmetic solution is to cover it with a piece of black heat-shrink tubing.

For the record, I didn't bother on mine.

Agreed on all points. I have never seen anyone remove the pins and rubber tube or black shrink wrap makes it go away.