Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At Home Deliveries - did you have to go up the chain of your delivery advisor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did it go?

This is my second home delivery (first was in July) and sadly the experience so far is as terrible as the first time around (I'm jealous of you smooth delivery recipients ;] )

March 16th - ordered
March 17th - Car assigned
March 19th - Advisor reaches out to start financing
March 23rd - Check mailed for final payment
March 26th - Delivery provider secured, notified of delivery by March 31st
Everything's going great so far! This is all happening so much faster than the first time around, they've really improved!

March 29th - End of day I reach out to advisor because I had not received any contact from a delivery provider, and to verify we'd still receive by the 31st. Advisor replies they were just about to reach out to me, too. Bad news, while prepping for delivery blah blah blah your car won't be ready.

The options provided were to wait for the fix or to get matched with a new car. I asked how long either process would take, considering we were paid in full and all the financials matched the original VIN. The advisor has since gone radio silent and I have no idea what my current status is. I've sent two emails and my husband has sent one. We sold my car 3/23 to make payment in full so we have one car, and while we each have great flexibility to work from home, we also both work in an office 25 and 50 miles away so to have one car for more than two weeks is becoming inconvenient.

The advisors no longer include their phone number in their signature and when calling the main Tesla support, they said they cannot be of any assistance and I have to go through the home delivery support team. While the delay is annoying, I'm most frustrated by the lack of response from my advisor, who was extremely responsive when it came to getting the financing in order, and since it's paid in full, I feel like I have no options given I can't get in touch with anyone.

Did anyone else face anything similar? How did you get a hold of a manager or anyone who can help? These experiences really put a damper on even the most die-hard Tesla fan :(

You should call Watertown service center or Dedham delivery center. Call them directly. Emailing is going to be a waste of your time no matter what. When I had delivery issues, I called around after waiting about a month after being told my car was here on the east coast and it would be a week or two before delivery. Delays happen, but communication is key.

Anyway, when I called the delivery center, they were able to wake my car up and find its location. Then they were able to push for delivery ASAP, and I got the car less than a week later. Finally, they put me in touch with someone I could give feedback to regarding my situation.

The other thing to watch out for is your registration packet. In NH, they ship you the documents to register your car, and it took them three days to send that paperwork out for me. I received it on Friday. Late afternoon. On a 3 day weekend. So push for the paperwork to be shipped to you now, or to be delivered the same day as the car.

You should call Watertown service center or Dedham delivery center. Call them directly. Emailing is going to be a waste of your time no matter what. When I had delivery issues, I called around after waiting about a month after being told my car was here on the east coast and it would be a week or two before delivery. Delays happen, but communication is key.

Anyway, when I called the delivery center, they were able to wake my car up and find its location. Then they were able to push for delivery ASAP, and I got the car less than a week later. Finally, they put me in touch with someone I could give feedback to regarding my situation.

The other thing to watch out for is your registration packet. In NH, they ship you the documents to register your car, and it took them three days to send that paperwork out for me. I received it on Friday. Late afternoon. On a 3 day weekend. So push for the paperwork to be shipped to you now, or to be delivered the same day as the car.

Exactly this! I would be ok with the delay if she kept me in the loop but now I can't help but feeling like I have no rights and they have my money. Thanks for the reply. I reached out to support through live chat yesterday, and while they 'couldn't tell me anything' they did confirm with my advisor who stated they would call me today. If I don't hear today, I'll be calling Dedham.

This happened with our first car, too, when they were shipping them from NJ and not Dedham. My car sat there for 3 weeks and after I couldn't get a straight answer from my advisor I started calling each of the NJ locations to see if they could help. Of course, they said they couldn't but 20 minutes after calling my car was cleared for delivery

Did you get that call?
Yes, the advisor finally followed up yesterday and still didn't have an estimate on a timeline for the fix so they encouraged us to swap VINs. I put them in touch with my CU because they weren't sure what to do. It seems like just a new insurance binder and a certified document from Tesla indicating a like-for-like collateral trade is all the CU needs but they are managing it. Hoping that means we can get scheduled asap.

Reactions: DrDabbles
Thanks! On Friday, she assured us they would give us a rental due to going on 3 weeks with one car. Promised to follow up by end of day Friday and....nothing. LOL. Supposedly our new car is being picked up today, to be delivered by Friday. We shall see :D

Also, that really stinks it took that long for you to get the reg packet! I'm hoping we don't get delivery on Friday, a whole weekend without being able to drive it is no fun! I don't know how they did it differently in July, or if they just made a mistake, but I remember being able to register before we received it, because I put the plates on and drove it. I'm sure home deliveries in states where Tesla is authorized to distribute/finance, whatever that allows them to work with the DMVs, but for states without this is not an ideal process/experience. I'll be quite happy when it's done!

I'm sure home deliveries in states where Tesla is authorized to distribute/finance, whatever that allows them to work with the DMVs, but for states without this is not an ideal process/experience.
It's a how-NH-does-registrations issue, more than a specific Tesla issue. Since registration in NH isn't handled at one of a few DMV offices, but at the registrant's Town/City hall, they'd need to sent a runner to your town hall with the paperwork. It's easier for them to give it too you and let you do it.

Final update: you now get a phone call when the driver is on their way to your house :x

We had a window of delivery between Wednesday and Friday and then got a call when they were 45 minutes away tonight. Kind of nuts that you’re just supposed to keep your schedule open for that long, we had plans to go to a show tonight :/

The condition of the car was much better than the car in July except that July’s delivery was on an enclosed truck, this was completely exposed so it’s covered in bugs. We have scuffing on both front wheel wells so that’s a bummer but happy to be mostly over with all this and just enjoy the car :)

Final update: you now get a phone call when the driver is on their way to your house :x

We had a window of delivery between Wednesday and Friday and then got a call when they were 45 minutes away tonight. Kind of nuts that you’re just supposed to keep your schedule open for that long, we had plans to go to a show tonight :/

The condition of the car was much better than the car in July except that July’s delivery was on an enclosed truck, this was completely exposed so it’s covered in bugs. We have scuffing on both front wheel wells so that’s a bummer but happy to be mostly over with all this and just enjoy the car :)
How was the paperwork handled? Did the MSO and bill of sale come with the car?

What's scuffed? The plastic liner in the wheel wells, or the paint on the fender?

How was the paperwork handled? Did the MSO and bill of sale come with the car?

What's scuffed? The plastic liner in the wheel wells, or the paint on the fender?
No paperwork is provided, just the keys. Bill of Sale is in the account. I used the purchase agreement to pick up temp tags today but could have done it yesterday had I known I'd be receiving the car. Docs to register don't get mailed until the car is marked as delivered and the payment cleared for 7 days. Luckily paying two weeks ago, our reg paperwork should get mailed out today.

The scuff is in the paint, and within the wheel well a bolt is missing (possibly knocked from whatever caused the scuff?) that keeps the plastic liner in place. It's in a spot that's hard to photograph as the photo just shows reflections. We'll be bringing it to our PPF installer to see if it can be buffed out, but Tesla will need to fix the loose liner and replace the missing bolt.

No paperwork is provided, just the keys. Bill of Sale is in the account. I used the purchase agreement to pick up temp tags today but could have done it yesterday had I known I'd be receiving the car. Docs to register don't get mailed until the car is marked as delivered and the payment cleared for 7 days. Luckily paying two weeks ago, our reg paperwork should get mailed out today.

The scuff is in the paint, and within the wheel well a bolt is missing (possibly knocked from whatever caused the scuff?) that keeps the plastic liner in place. It's in a spot that's hard to photograph as the photo just shows reflections. We'll be bringing it to our PPF installer to see if it can be buffed out, but Tesla will need to fix the loose liner and replace the missing bolt.
I'm surprised you were able to get a NH temp plate. The Newport DMV refused to give me one, since the bill of sale from Tesla wasn't signed.

I'm surprised you were able to get a NH temp plate. The Newport DMV refused to give me one, since the bill of sale from Tesla wasn't signed.
Not the bill of sale, the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - that one has to be signed to be financed (at least, it was required by my bank). It's the one that fully breaks out the pricing.

I would not be able to use that for the actual registration though.

Not the bill of sale, the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement - that one has to be signed to be financed (at least, it was required by my bank). It's the one that fully breaks out the pricing.

I would not be able to use that for the actual registration though.
Yes, I meant the MVPA. Mine wasn't signed and the DMV wouldn't take it for a temp plate. I was planning to get a temp, get the car inspected with the paper temp (and no front plate) and leave off the front plate for a year (the car came without the front plate holder attached). I said the heck with it and mounted the front plate holder (I have an older car with an easy-to-replace nose cone), mounted both permanent plates, and got it inspected.

The only piece of signed paperwork I got was the original owner's title, signed over to Tesla at trade-in. Then Tesla signed it over to me (my car was a CPO).