TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AT&T Velocity for Dashcam?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by 1NJ85D, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 1NJ85D

1NJ85D Member

Anybody using the AT&T Velocity (ZTE MF923) for remote access to a dashcam?

Can it be used around-the-clock (24x7) without hanging/freezing and having to be power cycled (turned off/on again)?

The AT&T Unite and the ZTE Mobley hang/freeze after a couple of days of use and need to be power cycled (turned off/on again).

Thanks!

2. navinsiri

navinsiri Member

I don't use ATT so I don't know how useful my comment will be but

I have a Verizon Ellipse Jetpack and I keep it on 24/7. I've never had to mess with it since I've put it in the car

3. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

I have both a Mobley and a Unite Explore (with a Mobley SIM in it). The Mobley has locked up once, but that was before the latest firmware update. Even set to time out in 30 Minutes, it never shuts off in the Tesla. My Unite Explore has never locked up.

With that being said, neither one works as well as the built-in LTE in the car, for car functions.

4. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

What power source are you guys using for the mobile hotspots?
    I'm in the final stages of ordering a blackvue and would like to use the cloud feature with hotspot

5. 1NJ85D

1NJ85D Member

For the dashcam itself, you can use the available power connector in the "ceiling" of the car, above the grille.

For the hotspots, you can run power from the OBD connector or another option is

When to know if a switched 12V is On or Off?