Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AT&T Velocity for Dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody using the AT&T Velocity (ZTE MF923) for remote access to a dashcam?

Can it be used around-the-clock (24x7) without hanging/freezing and having to be power cycled (turned off/on again)?

The AT&T Unite and the ZTE Mobley hang/freeze after a couple of days of use and need to be power cycled (turned off/on again).

Thanks!

Anybody using the AT&T Velocity (ZTE MF923) for remote access to a dashcam?

Can it be used around-the-clock (24x7) without hanging/freezing and having to be power cycled (turned off/on again)?
The AT&T Unite and the ZTE Mobley hang/freeze after a couple of days of use and need to be power cycled (turned off/on again).
Thanks!

I have both a Mobley and a Unite Explore (with a Mobley SIM in it). The Mobley has locked up once, but that was before the latest firmware update. Even set to time out in 30 Minutes, it never shuts off in the Tesla. My Unite Explore has never locked up.

With that being said, neither one works as well as the built-in LTE in the car, for car functions.

What power source are you guys using for the mobile hotspots?
I'm in the final stages of ordering a blackvue and would like to use the cloud feature with hotspot

For the dashcam itself, you can use the available power connector in the "ceiling" of the car, above the grille.

For the hotspots, you can run power from the OBD connector or another option is

When to know if a switched 12V is On or Off?