Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At What Point Do I Contact Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have 2013 S85 and as of last September, my 90% was 225 and my 100% was 254... now, i just did a road trip, and my 90% is 209 and my 100% is 234... That seems like a rapid and alarming decrease in only 6 months. I just had my car in for an alignment 2 weeks, and was told they performed a normal safety check, and everything looked good.... Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My 2014 S60 is down to 159 @90%. My wife's 2013 S60 is holding strong at 182 @ 90%. I asked Tesla to run diagnostics on my pack, and they did, but they insist "everything is fine". I fear that getting them to replace a pack is going to be a challenge if the car is still capable of forward movement.

My 2014 S60 has 22k miles and gets 130mi @90% and 145mi @100% (rated). My Service Center said last week that the remote logs showed no hardware issues and that this was all due to a "firmware bug." I was charging to 75% daily and my daily SOC floated between 55-75%. They told me to charge to 90% from now on and to "follow up later."

Good luck with your inquiries. I was pretty disappointed to be dismissed with "it's a firmware bug" along with no answer when I asked when the "bug" would be fixed.

When does Tesla have to provide a replacement battery under the 8-year warranty? Does the battery have to be completely dead, is there some minimum capacity which is a tightly held corporate secret, or does it depend upon the generosity of the service center?

Here's another rookie question: Does the predicted mileage take into account your particular driving "habits" and use of the HVAC? That is, does 209 miles @ 90% taking into account your most recent miles/kWh?

Here is the latest on my situation.
Tesla have had my car for just over 2 weeks now. They ran diagnostics and have determined that there is indeed a "problem" with the high voltage battery. The good news is that all repairs will be done under the battery warranty (my standard warranty expired a couple of years ago). The bad news is that - they are going to fix the battery, rather than giving me a new one!

I don't have the details yet on what exactly the issue is, but this is how it will play out. They will swap out my battery for a loaner battery, and I can return the loaner car. They will then send my battery back to the factory for repair, at which point, they will swap it back.

I'm actually looking forward to getting my car back - For the last two weeks, I've had a taste for what it's going to be like in 2019 when the white carpool stickers will no longer allow access to the HOV lane.

2014 S60 here, 25k miles on it, and max range down to 180. When I last took it in it was at 190 max and they said "it was fine" similar to other comments. They gave the rationale that the software update was making it display differently but that doesn't make sense -- the range still correlates exactly with 300 kwh/mi when I drive it. Now losing another 10 miles is concerning and am going to ask them again at next service. I usually charge 60-80%, only go to 100% once a month or so.

2014 S60 here, 25k miles on it, and max range down to 180. When I last took it in it was at 190 max and they said "it was fine" similar to other comments. But now losing another 10 miles is concerning and am going to ask them again at next service.
Something must have gone bad-- for comparison I bought my 60 in 2013, it has about 33,000 miles, and rated range with 100% charge is 200 miles (4% loss from the original 208). I wouldn't wait for the next service to have it looked at.