Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atari Games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anytime Tesla wants to supply a usb joystick that would be great. It is damn near impossible to place the little shooter in the proper position playing centipede with the steering wheel, and using the button on the touchscreen is not much better. You need to feel the left/right/up/down edges of the button, a touchscreen doesn't do this, and my back hurts bending towards the screen.

Lunar lander is about the only game that functions properly using the steering wheel; just short left and right steering wheel turns to position the shuttle, and scroll button for fuel button, and bottom steering wheel button for vertical placement/emergency thrust.

Crank it up; the door panels will rattle from the rocket boosters sound!

I need some help. I was never much of a gamer, but I would like to try my hand at the new games in v9. Can someone give me a quick lesson in how to work the controls?
Many thanks.
Asteroids is just impossible with the controls setup. Back in the day I could play indefinitely just shooting rocks without hunting the little saucer (that's just lame but so many did it). The Tesla controls are so incredibly clumsy and slow. Makes me really wish Tesla would make and sell a USB controller just for the Atari games to give them the original controls!

Reactions: Superendo
Appears that the Atari games are eating the media player audio - after exiting the games, I've had to reboot the console processor to get the media player to work.

After a few games the right turn /button seems to always be on light movement.
Steering wheel controls are fine with me, but way too jumpy in centipede for precise left/right. (I spend a lot of time waiting for DW shopping )

Need to add Donkey Kong, Joust and Dig Dug! And hey if I can play Dragon's Lair on my phone, i aught to be able to play in in the T too right?

And yes I agree the controls need work. I tried playing while supercharging yesterday and the controls were tough. Lunar Lander was the only real playable game.