Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Athens, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would also add that the addition of this supercharger (as well as all the others recently) makes me lean towards a smaller battery pack in order to save money. In all honesty, with this opening up I don't need 100kwh battery pack.

I don't think you would ever regret having a 100 kWh battery. You should be able to put 40 kWh into a 100 kWh battery faster than you could an 85. A 100 can give you the option to skip an SC now and then. If I start with a good charge from home the navigation system skips the Franklin/Nashville SC and schedules my first stop in Bowling Green. But if I only have my usual 210 mile daily charge the first stop is Franklin, then Louisville (190 miles) skipping Bowling Green. 2013 Model S 85.

It was a beautiful day for a casual Sunday drive so we decided to visit the Athens Supercharger and get a bite to eat at Ruby Tuesdays. Here are a few photos to help out of state people locate the site which is located behind the Fairfield Inn & Suites hotel and barely visible from the road. For those long distance travelers there are plenty of hotels and restaurants to chose from.
comp20170625_130329.jpg

comp20170625_130631.jpg

comp20170625_130646.jpg
comp20170625_130709.jpg
comp20170625_130512.jpg
comp20170625_130556.jpg

I charged at Athens today and noticed that a couple of the SpC cables seem to be having problems staying in the holster, so were lying on the ground. I've never seen this before. I don't know if the SpC holsters were defective or vandalized. I called it in to Tesla.

Reactions: Akikiki
The most significant facts concerning this SC location are the available amenities within a stones throw. It's worth noting that very few SC locations have as many traveling choices as this one.

Motels - Hotels
  • Fairfield inn & Suites by Marriot
  • Super 8 by Wyndham
  • Best Western
  • Holiday Inn Express

Restaurants
  • Ruby Tuesdays
  • Logan's Roadhouse
  • IHOP
  • Applebee's Grill and Bar
  • Hardees

You can add to these amenities the Mister Car Wash (not touchless) as you resume your trip.

The most significant facts concerning this SC location are the available amenities within a stones throw. It's worth noting that very few SC locations have as many traveling choices as this one.

Motels - Hotels
  • Fairfield inn & Suites by Marriot
  • Super 8 by Wyndham
  • Best Western
  • Holiday Inn Express
Restaurants
  • Ruby Tuesdays
  • Logan's Roadhouse
  • IHOP
  • Applebee's Grill and Bar
  • Hardees
You can add to these amenities the Mister Car Wash (not touchless) as you resume your trip.

Chick-fil-A and Bojangles are also in walking range. Have to cross US-72 to reach Bojangles but you would have to do that and cross I-65 to reach Cracker Barrel 0.5 miles away.

Superchargers really badly need shaded picnic tables. That one could snag food somewhere close then eat at the Supercharger.

Reactions: Red5StandingBy