Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Athletic seat cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While not a stylistic solution, after exercising, I use a large bath towel to temporarily cover the front seat. I tied off one end of the towel to make a loop that slides over the headrest, and then drape the towel over the back and the bottom of the seat so the towel is between me and the seat.

I had looked at buying other seat covers - but this turned out to be a simple and considerably less expensive solution - that takes only a few seconds to install and remove - and works fine for the small percentage of time that I want to protect the seats.

And if/when the towels need cleaning - they're very easy to clean...

Thanks, I know that a towel is a common DIY solution, but if I understand correctly, the commercial products have a waterproof back that completely prevents sweat from getting to the upholstery. This makes them seem a bit better.

Last edited:
I do lots of stuff that require this sort of thing. I normally take off my shirt, and sit on a towel.

And about 12 years ago my dad showed me these towels with a slit cut into them. And the hole was crudely sewn to prevent unraveling. They slip over a headrest and keep the towel in place. They look atrocious, but are very very useful.

I put on wet okole seat covers on for the same reasons-triathlons, tough mudder etc..love the seat covers. They match my tan interior well and have extra pockets to stash stuff.

I put on wet okole seat covers on for the same reasons-triathlons, tough mudder etc..love the seat covers. They match my tan interior well and have extra pockets to stash stuff.

Do they only sell in pairs? Really only need driver's seat. Do they just loosely fit over seat or are they more time consuming to put on and take off. Thanks.

Do they only sell in pairs? Really only need driver's seat. Do they just loosely fit over seat or are they more time consuming to put on and take off. Thanks.

I have the exact same questions.

I am a pretty active person (running, tennis, gym, soccer, tough mudder, etc.) and I just want something temporary and removable. I have just been using a trashbag and a towel but they are clumsy to use and keep in place. These look like a good solution but they also seem to be a more "permanent" solution.

I didn't pay extra for the leather to just cover it up :)

- - - Updated - - -

After a quick search I found this guy

http://www.seatshield.com/

I may give it a shot as it seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

I think you can just buy one-best to ring them and ask that question. They were time consuming to put on but are made to leave on. They are waterproof and made to wash on the seat. I ordered the side slit for the airbag.