Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atieva Atvus Leaks Online

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Untitled-2a.jpg

Based on this grainy image, we can see that the Atieva Atvus will be a five-door sedan and include short overhangs at both the front and rear. The model pictured also appears to be absent of any visible door handles and includes an extended rear wheel arch which covers part of the rear wheel, helping to improve the vehicle's aerodynamics.
First Image Of Model S-Rivalling Atieva Atvus Leaks Online

• Informative
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
Am I the only one that thinks it's a horrible name change? Couldn't they have come up with something better? When I hear Lucid Motors, I think of some cheesy kit-car company. Don't get me wrong, I think their technology is great, but name is horrible. Although Atieva was an odd one as well...

Without a long-distance charging story, they are confined to the commuter / extra car / niche.

I'm sorry to say that I'm locked into Tesla not only by passion and enthusiasm but also by practicality. I can completely replace another car with my S. So to replace my S, I'd have to be sold on something that can travel around the country (even if not literally everywhere) in addition to 30-130 miles of daily driving.

Pix look great, though!

Alan

Although Atieva was an odd one as well...
Sounds like the name of some prescription drug used to treat a disease no one's ever heard of that is referred to by a 2-4 letter abbreviation. *

(* May causing skin discoloration, hair loss, loss of appetite, mood swings or, in rare instances, sudden oak death. Do not take Atieva if you have a history of bulimia or depression, engaged in comb-overs or have undergone past life regression.}

Well, presumably they'd do the smart thing and join the Supercharger network.

They were using a van as their tech demonstrator, it was going 0-60 comparably to a Model X.

BAIC owns a piece, so there are some deep pockets behind the scenes. I hope they're able to find success. The more successful players, the quicker the shareholders of the major automakers will insist they electrify themselves.