Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ATL to Greenville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any advice for the Atlanta to Greenville (on the way to Ashville) stretch on I-85? This is a pretty long stretch between superchargers. I have a 75 S RWD. I do not have a CHADEMO adapter.

I will probably charge up at Atlantic Station. Decatur seems to be quite busy.

Thanks

Any advice for the Atlanta to Greenville (on the way to Ashville) stretch on I-85? This is a pretty long stretch between superchargers. I have a 75 S RWD. I do not have a CHADEMO adapter.

I will probably charge up at Atlantic Station. Decatur seems to be quite busy.

Thanks

From my perspective, this should be a fairly easy drive.
Google Maps Shows it to be 146 miles on I-85.

For comparison: In 2015 I drove from Decatur to Charlotte, NC on a single charge.
I have S 85, left Decatur with 244 RM.
Trip indicated I needed to have 251 miles in my pack.
I drove conservatively regarding my speed.
Arrived in Charlotte with 29 miles in my pack.

Just drive smoothly, first half of trip stick to posted speed limit.
At second half of trip, adjust speed to facilitate arriving at Greenville, SC Supercharger.

Enjoy your drive!

Reactions: 1speed
That is the only road trip my wife and I did in the S, Atlanta to Asheville via Greenville. Thanksgiving week, with the heat on and average speed of 5mph above posted speed limits, no issues.

- To Asheville we did stop in Greenville SC and at the Asheville SC for lunch and walked around at the Outlet.
- On the return trip didn't stop at the Asheville SC as The Hilton Garden Inn Downtown we stayed at had a destination charger. Nice property.

Thanks guys. I was a little worried about elevation changes heading toward the mountains. We will be staying closed to the Atlantic station supercharger so I will probably charge to 100%, and then I have little concern about Ashville since there is a supercharger there.

Thanks all. Had no problems making it to the Greenville supercharger, and we were happy there was a REI nearby (long walk though). Car wanted to skip Greenville initially, but I would have had to drive below 55 lol. Our ultimate destination was Asheville. It was nice to skip Greenville on the way back. Charged to 98% at the Asheville SC and were able to make it to Atlantic station with about 15%. Amazing what a difference elevation can make. I hope Atlanta gets some supercharging help on the perimeter soon. I-85S was basically hell.

As a side note, the Hilton Garden Inn downtown has a terrible destination charger (garage across from Stats). Over 24 hours to charge. We did not use the car for a full day so it worked out but not advised if you expect a decent charge.

• Informative
Reactions: spectrum
I'm driving from Chapel Hill to Birmingham, AL on Monday. Seems to be no real option to going through Atlanta. Is Atlantic Station the preferred stop vs. Decatur (appears to be on the map, and is recommended by supercharge.info)? Thanks for any suggestions. Hope to arrive about 3pm.

I've only been to the Decatur one when I picked up my car. There are only 6 stalls and it was pretty busy in the middle of the day. Atlantic Station has 10 so I'd go there unless you're coming in the wee hours. It does get crowded and you may have to pair charge. Once you get passed Atlanta, Oxford, AL has a great SC several eating options. If you need any advice on Bham, let me know. The downtown SC is good, but if you're on the southside of town you may want to opt for one of the plugs on plugshare.

Definitely the Atlantic Station supercharger is much more convenient if you're coming down (or up) I-85. Also, the Decatur superchargers are poorly placed in the back of the Tesla service center / new car lot. If the lot is full (like it was when I picked up my S there), those superchargers are a bit of a hassle to get to and to back into. Also, the food/conveniences are much more plentiful at Atlantic Station.

Question: Why does the Greenville, SC supercharger now NOT show up on the official Tesla SC map? I may need to head that direction in the near future, and I don't think my 75S is goin to make it all the way to Charlotte without a Greenville pitstop.

Question: Why does the Greenville, SC supercharger now NOT show up on the official Tesla SC map? I may need to head that direction in the near future, and I don't think my 75S is goin to make it all the way to Charlotte without a Greenville pitstop.

Another thread indicated that Greenville SC was hit by lightning about a month ago. It may be back online based on this thread but I don't think it's confirmed yet:
Supercharger - Greenville, SC

• Helpful
Reactions: Hood7