Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are supposed to be picking up our new 100D tomorrow. I sure hope things improve well beyond what have been so far. To date, this is the worst new vehicle buying experience I have ever seen. Terrible communication, zero follow-up, poor execution. If I wanted to find out anything I had to hunt someone down. Things better go smoothly tomorrow or I may just walk on this deal. We have no idea if everything is ready to go...nothing. Not a happy camper at this point. I do not need to be going down there pissed off but unfortunately right now that is my mental state at the moment.

I am wondering what other experiences people have had talking delivery out of the Atlanta delivery location?

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
My delivery experience in West Palm Beach, Florida was a good one. Actually, my S75 has worked perfectly, without a single problem, in the >19,000 miles I have driven it. It seems so unnecessary to have uncaring people work for Tesla. One would think that the mindset would be that it is a privilege to work for a cutting edge company like Tesla and that they would be happy to assure customer satisfaction. Your experience represents a failure of upper management to create an appropriate corporate culture as well as to identify and fire those who are not pro-actively helpful to Tesla owners.

I let the delivery manager know about my issue. He made it right and assured me that is not the Tesla way and that the issue would be addressed.
I wish more people would do what you did, @markn455. Too many people complain on the forums to an audience that can do nothing to resolve the problem, instead of to the manager(s) at the service center, who actually can do something about it. If they aren't told about under-performing employees and inadequate customer service, how are they supposed to find out? If you believe in Tesla, help make it be what it can be by offering appropriate feedback to those who can change it.

Reactions: markn455
Sounds like this is way too common these days. I’m gonna just expect to take home a loaner when I pick up my car. Lol
I disagree. All indications are that fit and finish have been improving over time. How else could Tesla top Consumer Reports customer satisfaction surveys? Judging what is the norm is impossible to do from reports on the forums; these are heavily skewed toward complaints and give a very distorted view. Dissatisfied people are way more vocal than satisfied people.

@markn455 I'm taking delivery at Atlanta in a couple months, and had these same concerns due to the attitude of the delivery staff so far. I would love it if you shared some more details about what made your experience so great! That way I'll hopefully know what to expect.

@markn455 I'm taking delivery at Atlanta in a couple months, and had these same concerns due to the attitude of the delivery staff so far. I would love it if you shared some more details about what made your experience so great! That way I'll hopefully know what to expect.

@spectrum, I was concerned too after spending so much time reading the forums, but delivery day was a great. However, since delivery I've learned that our DS is no longer with Tesla. The best advice I can give is to be patient, Decatur has a lot of vehicles come through it on their way to their final destination. I don't think I've been there once without at least one truck being loaded with vehicles for transit. Other than that, if you have any problems, don't hesitate to reach out to the delivery manager. If you don't have his email address, PM me and I'll share it with you.

My ATL M3 delivery process took 6.5 hours. For my 10 am appointment I arrived at 9:30 - no one in sight. No real greeting, but introduced to my car at 10:10. Got a key at 10:30 and was shown a few things including had my phone authenticated. Car had several oily spots on seats and condensation in taillights. Seats were slowly cleaned and car placed on charger then taken off when it was decided to replace tail lights - that was good decision which I appreciated greatly. At that time, 11:30, we left for lunch but didn't have anyone's number and the SC was not answering phone nor returning messages. When I saw my car back on the charger via phone app, I headed back to SC, about 3:30 pm. SC's printer had issues, missed a page, slow to print tag so paperwork took almost an hour. Left with 100% charge at 4:30 pm so my first drive was in crazy traffic. Even without the taillight change, this was the slowest car purchase ever which was really bad since I expected it would take less than an hour. The ATL SC seems understaffed and burned out.

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad
UPDATE: The delivery experience couldn't have been more perfect. Now this is how the buying experience should be. Hats off to the Atlanta Delivery Team. I would do it again. :)

Newbie and 1st post. Really glad your experience turned around! I’m expecting delivery of 75D in ATL at some point. I say “at some point” because I haven’t heard from anyone so far. It’s been one month, on the dot since my order was confirmed. Was wondering if you experienced that as well? Seems like everyone’s experience is wildly different but I figure yours might be closer to what I can expect since you were an ATL delivery.

Newbie and 1st post. Really glad your experience turned around! I’m expecting delivery of 75D in ATL at some point. I say “at some point” because I haven’t heard from anyone so far. It’s been one month, on the dot since my order was confirmed. Was wondering if you experienced that as well? Seems like everyone’s experience is wildly different but I figure yours might be closer to what I can expect since you were an ATL delivery.

No one will reach out to you until about a week before delivery. What does your status say in your Tesla account? That’s how we typically know what our cars are up to at this point in the order/production process.

My ATL M3 delivery process took 6.5 hours. For my 10 am appointment I arrived at 9:30 - no one in sight. No real greeting, but introduced to my car at 10:10. Got a key at 10:30 and was shown a few things including had my phone authenticated. Car had several oily spots on seats and condensation in taillights. Seats were slowly cleaned and car placed on charger then taken off when it was decided to replace tail lights - that was good decision which I appreciated greatly. At that time, 11:30, we left for lunch but didn't have anyone's number and the SC was not answering phone nor returning messages. When I saw my car back on the charger via phone app, I headed back to SC, about 3:30 pm. SC's printer had issues, missed a page, slow to print tag so paperwork took almost an hour. Left with 100% charge at 4:30 pm so my first drive was in crazy traffic. Even without the taillight change, this was the slowest car purchase ever which was really bad since I expected it would take less than an hour. The ATL SC seems understaffed and burned out.

I took delivery of a used MS this past Saturday. Also less than stellar experience from the SC. I don't need to go into details here on public forum as I have discussed them already with those at Tesla who need to know. Hopefully they get this worked out and provide the same quality of delivery service as the drive experience moving forward. For anyone who may still have issues moving forward, please don't give up hope on Tesla based on the delivery. The car is absolutely amazing and you will fall in love all over again as soon as you drive off the lot.