Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delivery scheduled for 9/22 (moved up by Tesla from 10/1.) Received my MVPA agreement by e-mail last night (9/11) for electronic signature and completed it. The document contains my VIN. I am waiting for the executed version for my lender. The web portal doesn't yet show the VIN or the updated MVPA.

Still have never heard from anyone local to ATL.

I was able to track my VIN at Delivery Receipts - United Road, though all it shows is transport of the vehicle from the factory to a nearby rail/trucking depot back on 8/31. Don't know where the car is now..... (supposed to arrive ATL 9/20)
There are a few more deliveries scheduled on the 20th of folks in this thread (I'm 20th as well), so may be part of the same batch?

Delivery scheduled for 9/22 (moved up by Tesla from 10/1.) Received my MVPA agreement by e-mail last night (9/11) for electronic signature and completed it. The document contains my VIN. I am waiting for the executed version for my lender. The web portal doesn't yet show the VIN or the updated MVPA.

I was able to track my VIN at Delivery Receipts - United Road, though all it shows is transport of the vehicle from the factory to a nearby rail/trucking depot back on 8/31. Don't know where the car is now..... (supposed to arrive ATL 9/20)

You are further along - I am waiting on the tradein eval to be completed - suspect that the MVPA will be coming soon after that is done. Hopefully I get the trade-in offer at some point today - next Tuesday is fast approaching!

You are further along - I am waiting on the tradein eval to be completed - suspect that the MVPA will be coming soon after that is done. Hopefully I get the trade-in offer at some point today - next Tuesday is fast approaching!
I read in another topic or forum that someone was asked by Tesla whether they were fine in canceling the trade-in and just drop it off at CarMax. Apparently, they are so far backed up that it would delay the delivery. Not sure if it's true, but I did actually request Tesla yesterday to cancel the trade-in to not have it cause any delays... But... I have not heard anything, as they are backed up processing my cancelation request :p

My ISA has been unbelievable horrible at getting back in any form. I was set to take delivery yesterday 9/11 but got rescheduled to 9/27. I was at the Lenox location the other day and the guy said it looks like it’s supposed to be delivered to Decatur 9/28 he said expect to rake delivery 9/29 or 30th.

My problem is, I got all financed approved through Tesla from Wells Fargo on 8/24. But September 24th will be over 30 days SO, will Wells Fargo have to pull a credit report again and how will they redo all the finance papers since my ISA will not answer me? I’m just worried I’ll fall into some last minute frenzy trying to get all paperwork done before I take delivery..Anyone else had this problem?

Hadn’t thought about the case issue. I have an iphone 7 with otter box, is it likely I’m going to need a longer cable to make that work?

BTW @suwaneedad how do you like the Metallic Silver color now that you’ve had it for a while? Tesla sent an email this morning suggesting that if you order Silver before Friday it MAY be delivered on an expedited basis and mentioned 2 - 4 week timeframe. I ordered MSM almost 11 weeks ago, and Silver was my second choice at that time, so I’m seriously considering the switch if it means I can get the car faster. Thanks for your thoughts!
I love silver, but I recognize that most do not (it's the least popular color on the Model 3).
I like that it does not show dirt as quickly as darker colors do, nor as quickly as white does.
And I like the contrast between the silver paint and the uncovered aeros/dark roof.
I like that silver won't show as much rock/sand/bug damage on the nose as darker colors will; I tend to own cars 15-20 years and expect my Model 3 will be no exception to that practice.
Sounds like Tesla may have inventory of AWD silver 3s if they're making you that pitch.
The color increases in price tomorrow, and goes away forever on 9/21 allegedly, for new orders.
Good luck with your decision. At minimum, you will have the most unique Model 3 color on the streets if you flip to silver. So there's that.
Cheers.

PS Great car. I just hit 10,000mi today. Or as my son says, 9.18B joules, which can apparently be produced by a typical wind turbine in 19 minutes.

• Helpful
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce

Do you know if all cars are transported using United Road? I'm sur for delivery on 9/20 as well but my VIN doesn't show up there

My problem is, I got all financed approved through Tesla from Wells Fargo on 8/24. But September 24th will be over 30 days SO, will Wells Fargo have to pull a credit report again and how will they redo all the finance papers since my ISA will not answer me
I would think that the bank's main concern is whether the rates have changed. At least that was my credit union's issue (though they were willing to hold my rate the same.) Of course, you're with the big evil mega bank... I'd go talk to someone face to face at the branch about an extension/renewal.

True. Although for some it may be a meaningless amount. My trade in value was so low that it would only have saved me a hundred bucks or so, so I went ahead and canceled my tesla trade in. I'm now in the drafting contract stage.

That’s great, but it doesn’t work for everyone. I cancelled my trade-in Monday after I sold my car, and I’m still in the crickets stage.

For those still waiting, if you can request Alpharetta/Roswell location instead of Decatur, I would suggest it. Decatur is a cramped lot, cars packed within an inch of each other and they are rearranging them many times per day to squeeze in more. I picked up my AWD last month there and the guy had been working till midnight the previous evening and was going to be there until 1am that night. He said it's nuts there.

My experience didn't go so great as car was dirty, frunk was almost touching fender, car had only 51 miles of charge in it, and a/c was blowing hot air. But after a two year wait, I hated to refuse it. The actual "delivery" was no more than 10minutes and then I sat in the car alone while it charged on the supercharger. Days later I took it to Alpharetta and they found a leak in a/c o-ring and readjusted my frunk gaps. They even cleaned up the front where residue from shipping wrap was still present.

The Alpharetta center is amazing, new, with plenty of room for cars without having to use summon just to get into them. Highly recommend over Decatur.

For those still waiting, if you can request Alpharetta/Roswell location instead of Decatur, I would suggest it. Decatur is a cramped lot, cars packed within an inch of each other and they are rearranging them many times per day to squeeze in more. I picked up my AWD last month there and the guy had been working till midnight the previous evening and was going to be there until 1am that night. He said it's nuts there.

My experience didn't go so great as car was dirty, frunk was almost touching fender, car had only 51 miles of charge in it, and a/c was blowing hot air. But after a two year wait, I hated to refuse it. The actual "delivery" was no more than 10minutes and then I sat in the car alone while it charged on the supercharger. Days later I took it to Alpharetta and they found a leak in a/c o-ring and readjusted my frunk gaps. They even cleaned up the front where residue from shipping wrap was still present.

The Alpharetta center is amazing, new, with plenty of room for cars without having to use summon just to get into them. Highly recommend over Decatur.
That sounds great, but I think I'm still sticking with Decatur (although you're giving me second thoughts!). :) Everything so far has been fairly smooth. Just got a VIN, delivery in a week. With so many folks having problems I'm worried to make any sort of change, although it does sound like Alpharetta is a much better choice in so many ways (and so much closer!!). But I still think I rather deal with an unpleasant delivery than a cancelation.

Ok, so I know have a fully signed MVPA ... these come by e-mail using an Adobe cloud e-signiture service. The MVPA on my web portal is the final version, however its unsigned. My web portal has not advanced to the "VIN" stage, but I do have my VIN on the MVPA.

I did e-mail [email protected] to ask for the executed version and then got it the next day, but no idea if that actually arrived sooner because of asking for it. My IDA has not responded to anything since 9/8 ... e-mails are just a blackhole. I don't know if that person is still on this planet or if they are just ignoring everyone other than her most immediately deliveries (which is likely as I imagine they are relative new and overwhelmed.)

Stil scheduled for 9/22 and still no local contacts in Georgia to work with......

Ok, so I know have a fully signed MVPA ... these come by e-mail using an Adobe cloud e-signiture service. The MVPA on my web portal is the final version, however its unsigned. My web portal has not advanced to the "VIN" stage, but I do have my VIN on the MVPA.

I did e-mail [email protected] to ask for the executed version and then got it the next day, but no idea if that actually arrived sooner because of asking for it. My IDA has not responded to anything since 9/8 ... e-mails are just a blackhole. I don't know if that person is still on this planet or if they are just ignoring everyone other than her most immediately deliveries (which is likely as I imagine they are relative new and overwhelmed.)

Stil scheduled for 9/22 and still no local contacts in Georgia to work with......

Great that you have gotten your MVPA - I am still pending the eval of my trade-in. At this point I think there is near zero chance I take delivery as scheduled this Tuesday - I need the MVPA to get the loan funded still - and even with it being BofA funding it directly to my checking account - I am sure that will take at least a day. I think I am going to take my car to Carmax and get a quote - and then take that to the Alph delivery center and see if I can somehow speed up the process.

That sounds great, but I think I'm still sticking with Decatur (although you're giving me second thoughts!). :) Everything so far has been fairly smooth. Just got a VIN, delivery in a week. With so many folks having problems I'm worried to make any sort of change, although it does sound like Alpharetta is a much better choice in so many ways (and so much closer!!). But I still think I rather deal with an unpleasant delivery than a cancelation.

Most of us have waited this long, what's a couple more days at this point? I tried to see if I could change my delivery center since Alpha wasn't an option back when ordering. Was told I'd have to handle that with the DA once assigned.

I'm not even 2 miles away to the Alpharetta delivery center from where I live in Crabapple. So I'd much prefer it to driving down to Decatur.

Reactions: srjinatl
Most of us have waited this long, what's a couple more days at this point? I tried to see if I could change my delivery center since Alpha wasn't an option back when ordering. Was told I'd have to handle that with the DA once assigned.

I'm not even 2 miles away to the Alpharetta delivery center from where I live in Crabapple. So I'd much prefer it to driving down to Decatur.
Fair enough :) Maybe I'll decide to change last minute too, we'll see.

Got my final MVPA yesterday and received an email to sign it today. Still considering switching to cash at the last minute (irritated with my credit union and wondering if it's worth the hassle). Fortunately my IDA, who has been very responsive, said it was no problem.

VIN not showing up on United Road though.

Status
Not open for further replies.