TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Atlanta Supercharge Map Updates

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Thunder7ga, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

Whoa...happened to look at the Tesla Supercharger official map, and they now show 8 new "coming soon" locations for Superchargers....awesome. Some we already knew about...but still...sweet.

Find Us | Tesla

2. JulienW

JulienW Member

Been this way a few months. Also it is 7 since Buford and Madison have been on the map for a while.;)

3. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

All those new locations in Metro Atlanta are to be at Target stores based on a program Target announced in April. Can’t find any information on when they’ll come to Georgia ..... (as of April, only 18 stores had been done anywhere)

4. JulienW

JulienW Member

Interesting since Tesla has a SC listed as coming to Cumberland and the newest Target is actually in Smyrna.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 7.13.33 PM.png

5. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

I did notice that the Map indicator for Sandy Springs, Georgia is not at a place where any Target store exists. My guess is that someone just typed the city names into a program that gives them the general GPS location for that city. If/when a SC get installed, they'll have the exact GPS.

6. Mike1080i

Mike1080i Member

Same with Virginia Highlands, College Park and Forest Park, no Targets in those city boundaries. Here is a store locations list at Target to compare against the map. They may have locations other than Targets in mind for some of them.

7. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

Ok, so I may have misread the word “Target” to mean Target stores....these may just be “targeted” locations. Though Target stores do have an EV charger deployment program (which may include Superchargers)

Those markers on the map are not representing exact locations because the Virginia Higlands marker is in the middle of a residential neighborhood. I think it’s best not to get your hopes up until they actually start building something!

That said, Lenox Mall is looking at about 25 chargers in two spots opening possiblly as soon as a few weeks (and it’s not even on the map as “coming soon”)

8. JulienW

JulienW Member

You mean this????:eek:

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 5.00.25 AM.png

• Funny x 1
  9. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

Yes... elsewhere on the website it uses language that says "Target opening date to be confirmed" so that didn't mean Target store locations (though some could be)

10. JulienW

JulienW Member

Here is some good info. Electrify America is building in Walmart and Target locations and looks like some ChargePoint and Tesla SC are going into Targets. Also love the title wording since it correlates nicely to you post.;)

Target targets 600 EV chargers in 2 years

• Like x 1
  11. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Glad to see this. Driving in and out of town to use Atlantic Station takes several hours.

12. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

#12 MikeATL, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Lenox is open, but I don’t see the Virginia Highlands “coming soon” any more. Maybe that location was a very bad approximation of the Buckhead area?