Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never been to this Supercharger, so am asking for a clarification:

Is the SC actually located where supercharge.info says it is (red dot in lower right corner), or is it located where Google Maps thinks it is (green dot in upper left corner)? Wanted to confirm before sending a correction to supercharge.info.

The Green dot. Which is also where Tesla shows it on their website.

Screenshot 2016-07-12 20.25.14.png

In your use of the Atlantic Station SC, do you typically find an open space? It will be my stop as I pass through Atlanta on the way east, and I worry about getting there in busy Atlantic Staiton and having to wait for charging. Thanks,
I've never had to wait. The Atlantic Station SC can get a bit busy but there's always a few stalls open.

• Informative
Reactions: ldgrmnmc
In your use of the Atlantic Station SC, do you typically find an open space? It will be my stop as I pass through Atlanta on the way east, and I worry about getting there in busy Atlantic Staiton and having to wait for charging. Thanks,
I've never had to wait. The Atlantic Station SC can get a bit busy but there's always a few stalls open.
I've charged there maybe 10 times on various trips. There are 10 stalls there. I've never seen them all used, but I have seen over half used. I wouldn't worry about trying to find an empty space.

• Informative
Reactions: ldgrmnmc
There are 2 strategies for driving a model S on a roadtrip:
1: to always charge the battery to something close to max - then arrive at the next supercharger and top it back up.
2: to charge enough + a little buffer to reach the next supercharger, repeat at next supercharger

The difference in time spent charging is big - and thus total time spent getting from A to B.

The typical newbie will go for strategy 1 because it feels safer. As your experience grows you will probably move towards strategy 2.

On a full day of driving some breaks are longer - maybe a dinner break - where there is time enough to top up the charge.

Morale: Let the car be waiting for you (and charge while doing so) - do not sit and wait for the car.

I agree. We always employ strategy 2 on major trips and it has worked well almost all of the time. The exception occurred while en route from Florida to Canada when the Lima OH Supercharger was down (and required that we get flat-bedded to the next charger). In that regard the new Supercharger status reporting is a great comfort (when it works)!

Is the downtown Atlanta Supercharger frequently full, and is there a protocol to expedite those stopping to charge in order to get to the next charger while on a road trip?

We are planning a trip north on I-75 in June pulling a trailer. Does anyone know the best parking garage entrance to use to get to the Atlanta (Atlantic station) supercharger? How about a good place to drop off the trailer before entering the parking garage? Thanks!