Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlantic Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
east.jpg

Good afternoon all. I am more optimistic that this announcment has some teeth.

I'm thinking this time there is more solid outlook as I saw the reference to this as a news item in my office building's news "Capture" feed. The building has screens in the lounge/lobby with news alerts and feeds on it and this was one of the news stories for today. So maybe some real movement is a foot!

However, within the article, it exhibits - in full flurry, the quintessential flaw within people who are put in positions to make decisions for the PUBLIC; their continual actions in that they make decisions based on their own personal bias' and misinformation propoganda. I'm sure you will all recognize it as you read the article. It is really too bad we have boards/organizations that can still be so out of touch, even with glaring evidence to the contrary right infront of their eyes; on matters that they exist expressly to make decisons on and do so with lackadaisical statistical analysis and a pention for the dramatic. Hopefully that all gets sorted out.

In any event, the news regarding Tesls superchargers is awesome. Go Tesla. Have a pleasant day all.

Tesla to install Atlantic Canada 'supercharger' stations for its vehicles

I'm thinking this time there is more solid outlook as I saw the reference to this as a news item in my office building's news "Capture" feed. The building has screens in the lounge/lobby with news alerts and feeds on it and this was one of the news stories for today. So maybe some real movement is a foot!
That just means they pull content from the Financial Post. Someone wrote an article and Tesla wouldn't even comment (normal).

However, within the article, it exhibits - in full flurry, the quintessential flaw within people who are put in positions to make decisions for the PUBLIC; their continual actions in that they make decisions based on their own personal bias' and misinformation propoganda. I'm sure you will all recognize it as you read the article. It is really too bad we have boards/organizations that can still be so out of touch, even with glaring evidence to the contrary right infront of their eyes; on matters that they exist expressly to make decisons on and do so with lackadaisical statistical analysis and a pention for the dramatic. Hopefully that all gets sorted out.

In any event, the news regarding Tesls superchargers is awesome. Go Tesla. Have a pleasant day all.

Tesla to install Atlantic Canada 'supercharger' stations for its vehicles

No. Nothing new there.

It's just an article that combines the rejection of the utility's plan to install chargers, with Tesla's plan to install its own.

Here's my wager for Tesla's plans in Atlantic Canada.

1). Woodstock, NB: 6 stalls by Oct 1, 2018
2). Truro, NS: 8 stalls by Nov 30, 2018
3). Edmundston, NB 6 stalls by Dec 31, 2018

1). Dartmouth, NS - plus a mini service centre
2). Aulac, NB
3). Fredericton, NB

1). Saint John, NB
2). Moncton, NB

Even though you are already pessimistic I will take the under on your 2018 estimate.

Aulac isn't on the Tesla map, is it? They call for all of the others to be done in 2018.

Presumably they will need a lot more in terms of Service Centres. No one seems to be talking about this but is they are delivering tens of thousands of Model 3s in Canada then they are going to be needing a $hiteload of SCs, especially if they continue to have niggling quality issues like they seem to do on the Model X. (I have had very few problems with my Model S but I have three friends who own Model Xs and all of them have had numerous issues)

Here's my wager for Tesla's plans in Atlantic Canada.

1). Woodstock, NB: 6 stalls by Oct 1, 2018
2). Truro, NS: 8 stalls by Nov 30, 2018
3). Edmundston, NB 6 stalls by Dec 31, 2018

1). Dartmouth, NS - plus a mini service centre
2). Aulac, NB
3). Fredericton, NB

1). Saint John, NB
2). Moncton, NB

I like your guesses, but I think for 2018 Tesla would be better off to space the chargers apart to cover more area with less; so Edmunston and Woodstock I would think not likely the same year. But one of the two for 2018 for sure.

My prediction for 2018:
- Woodstock, NB (Q2)
- Moncton, NB (Q2/3)
- Dartmouth/Halifax, NS (Q4)

Who knows, maybe Tesla has some major ramp-up in the queue without saying anything public and they open up more all across Canada making it possible to drive the country fully on Superchargers; without forcing us Canadians to have to go through the USA in order to do that - as it stands right now.

I chose Woodstock because it was on the map a long time ago and nicely extends the network from Brewer. It also gives some relief for those staying on the Canadian side - it's only 287km to Rivière-du-Loup, which is long for winter conditions or heading north-west uphill and into the wind, but a step in the right direction in any case.

Truro and Aulac are both major interchanges as far as the urbanized areas of NB and NS are concerned. You can't skip them if you're driving far in those provinces. I picked Truro over Aulac because of the proximity to Halifax which is a bit of a boomtown at the moment, and has the Dal battery research partnership. It's a big leap to get from the rest of the SC network to it, though, so I'm somewhat regretting that choice. Aulac to Halifax is a nice 200km. Time will tell.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Ya think Tesla would put a Service Center in Dartmouth? I woulda thought they’d be more likely to put it in the Aeropark out by the airport TBH. Maybe Bedford, although I hope not with that stupid cloverleaf interchange there. -.-