Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlantic Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A grand opening tour by the New Brunswick Tesla owners yesterday. Photo from Twitter
DBEFE997-F45D-4B8E-9032-D52C0C3CD640.jpeg
1BAA5293-16A8-4797-B484-62B7E06BEEC2.jpeg
89A88E93-F3F2-4836-A3EB-0A7A1FB69423.jpeg
D6EEB0A9-DFCC-49E5-AF1F-33F134925978.jpeg

All stations officially open per Tesla now, which weren’t proclaimed as open yesterday although they had the “Supercharger” port on PlugShare. I wonder how long before Atlantic Canada gets their next Supercharger. I’m betting on September next year. The rest of you?
25CF9704-DE75-4AEB-8C13-3F03612A2EF3.jpeg

I wonder how long before Atlantic Canada gets their next Supercharger. I’m betting on September next year. The rest of you?View attachment 474474
Are you kidding? I am guessing that the next SuperCharger to open in Atlantic Canada will be in 2022. They haven't put anything on the map yet and once something goes in the map it can take a couple of years until the SC is turned on. Tesla has still not completed a lot of the SCs that were announced in 2017. See this story from electrek from Sep 11, 2017 talking about the SCs along the T-Can that had been announced. Tesla updates Supercharger network with new upcoming stations enabling new routes and city charging - Electrek

Reactions: RiverBrick
Charged at Salisbury on Sunday, car shows a charge of 13 bucks but I haven't seen it come off credit card yet. Also I have referral credits still and it hasn't come off of those which I assume it should. So pretty sure they aren't 100 percent online yet. It did let me precondition the battery though which is the main thing. Tesla can take as long to start billing as they want, doesnt bother me a bit. :)

Reactions: Tz00
The new Tesla map shows some "Coming Soon(!)" locations in Gaspe, PEI and Nova Scotia. Are those new?

They aren't showing on the interactive map yet. See this post for screenshot:

Western Canada Superchargers

Looking at: https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/findus/list/superchargers/Canada

You can see Charlottetown PE, Aulds Cove NS, New Glasgow NS, Sainte Anne des Monts QC and Matane QC as the obvious ones (there are a lot more Quebec ones but hard to see on the big map)

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus and PLUS EV
Still no Newfoundland? One could enable tourism and three would promote ownership.
Would probably make more sense to get better coverage in Nova Scotia and even New Brunswick than to tackle Newfoundland at this time. I'm talking beyond even the Coming Soon(!) pins shown on the map. I.e. NE New Brunswick, southern Nova Scotia, Sherbrooke, and at least one more on Cape Breton Island. Newfoundland would be a total beast and not many Tesla owners are putting their car on the ferry to get there so it's less useful for long distance travel.

This is very cool. I remember when I had to charge at the Nissan dealer in Bangor just to get back to Saint John. The fact that my home province of NB now has so many superchargers is unbelievable. ( I hit many of the today) And to see Prince Edward Island and the entry to Cape Breton get theirs is fantastic. My prediction is that Yarmouth will get one in 2021. (And perhaps miramichi and campbellton)