Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlantic Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for anyone familiar with the Flo stations: The pictures show a fat box and a charger pole. I assume the fat box has the separate CCS/SAE and CHAdeMO cables - can they be used simultaneously? i.e. can two cars charge at the same time? And the charger pole is J-1772

I don’t like the term fat box. DCQC is a better term and J1772 as well. Yes, they do have the CHAdeMO and CCS chargers but they cannot be used simultaneously. DCQC is a continuous 40kW or so on Tesla, and a single J1772 (FLO) is always 6,6 kW.

P.S. this is the same system as in Quebec, NB, (NS), and in some of Ontario.

P.P.S. Canadian CHAdeMO charging is the better thread

• Informative
Reactions: JSergeant
I’m moving to Fredericton at the end of the month. As a recent new owner of a Model 3, I have a few questions if you don’t mind...

Are there any Model 3s in the maritimes yet?
If so, how do you get around since Chademo doesn’t work with the 3 (yet)?
Can you make the drive from Rivière du loup to Fredericton on one charge? 400kms, but lots of hills if I remember.
For service, do you use Quebec or could you also use Boston?

TIA!

I’m moving to Fredericton at the end of the month. As a recent new owner of a Model 3, I have a few questions if you don’t mind...

Can you make the drive from Rivière du loup to Fredericton on one charge? 400kms, but lots of hills if I remember.

TIA!
My X can make it between Loop and the Fredericton area, so it’s a good bet the LR 3 can as well. If not, there’s a L2 charger with a good amp rating in Edmunston. Check PlugShare for the details on that.

I dunno about NB, but NS already has five 3’s running around.

TIA!
I get sales data monthly for EVs/PHEVs... No 3s as of May 31st. I should be getting the June data this month.

I'm a 3 owner in NS, had it a little over a month.

Obviously there are no superchargers here yet, and the L3 chargers are all CHAdeMO that 3's can't use (yet). Even when the 3 can use CHAdeMO I'm unlikely to use it as I can't justify $600 for an adapter that I might use 1-2 times a year.

I'm quite happy with all the L2 chargers here, i'm able to charge at work for free, and at home when I need a boost. This covers >98% of the driving that I do.

Reactions: mrElbe and rypalmer
I'm a 3 owner in NS, had it a little over a month.

Obviously there are no superchargers here yet, and the L3 chargers are all CHAdeMO that 3's can't use (yet). Even when the 3 can use CHAdeMO I'm unlikely to use it as I can't justify $600 for an adapter that I might use 1-2 times a year.

I'm quite happy with all the L2 chargers here, i'm able to charge at work for free, and at home when I need a boost. This covers >98% of the driving that I do.
We’re you the first person to pass by all of the new Flo chargers in the province?

Aulac supercharger officially open!

We're hitting up halifax for a week vacation. We stopped off at Sun Peak BnB for an overnight charge before heading to saint john,and then the ferry tomorrow. The nice lady who owns the bnb gave us the heads up that it just opened officially yesterday.

Going to make the trip back so much nicer!

Aulac supercharger officially open!

We're hitting up halifax for a week vacation. We stopped off at Sun Peak BnB for an overnight charge before heading to saint john,and then the ferry tomorrow. The nice lady who owns the bnb gave us the heads up that it just opened officially yesterday.

Going to make the trip back so much nicer!
It depends what you mean by officially! It's not officially open according to Tesla (not on the web site or in car navigation), but people have been using it:

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

Until it is on Tesla's website, please have a backup plan in place. Although supercharge.info is often more timely than Tesla about posting newly opened stations, it is not official. On occasion Tesla will turn off newly energized sites before they post it on their website if there turn out to be power reliability problems.
There is a Chademo, with a L2 J1722 also onsite, so it’s probably covered well enough if the SC is unavailable.

Until it is on Tesla's website, please have a backup plan in place. Although supercharge.info is often more timely than Tesla about posting newly opened stations, it is not official. On occasion Tesla will turn off newly energized sites before they post it on their website if there turn out to be power reliability problems.
Aulac is now on Tesla's web site.
Has anyone spotted construction in Moncton? That's the only one on Tesla's web site which is slated for opening Summer 2018 - all the rest in the area just say 2018. Maybe in an indoor parking garage?

Reactions: MarcoRP