Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlis Pickup Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the Tesla truck looks like those sketches I’m not exactly sure who they are targeting lol. Both Rivian and Atlis look like nice trucks. The price and specs Atlis are advertising are kind of unbelievable but I guess maybe not since it looks like a Toyota Tacoma.

Considering ICE trucks start around that price I’m not convinced they can delivery at that price point if they ever did manage to build something, at least not with a 75 to 100kwh battery pack

And count me out on Tesla pickup design as well, Elon did say if it was not received well they would go a more traditional look

Considering ICE trucks start around that price I’m not convinced they can delivery at that price point if they ever did manage to build something, at least not with a 75 to 100kwh battery pack

And count me out on Tesla pickup design as well, Elon did say if it was not received well they would go a more traditional look

I think at one point they said the 3 wouldn’t look like the S and here we are. Here’s hoping it looks like a Tesla.

This is a company that has a current crowdfunding campaign ongoing and has raised ... wait for it ... $800K so far. No one in the industry is quaking in their boots about these guys. Prediction: in about 2 years, a bankrupt company and a lot of unhappy investors.

Reactions: kavyboy
I don’t like dumping on startups, I’m very pro entrepreneur. But a read through of the management teams bios doesn’t leave me with warm and fuzzies. This is a fine team to make a component for a car, but not one to run a car company. It isn’t surprising they haven’t been able to raise money and have resorted to crowdfunding. When VCs and strategic investors turn you down, that’s a hint.

They demonstrated recharging a prototype 3 kWh battery in 12 minutes. Note that's 3 kWh, not 3 kW - that's a totally different metric - kW is how fast energy flows or "power" (horsepower for a gas vehicle), kWh is how much energy is stored (how large the gas tank is for a gas vehicle). 3 kWh is the amount of energy used at 60 W (light bulb?) for 50 hours, 1 kW for 3 hours, 3 kW for 1 hour, 15 kW for 0.2 hours, or ...

Battery charging is typically limited to how fast individual battery cells can absorb energy and not be harmful to the batteries. Atlis has a battery chemistry/design that in a 3 kWh battery can absorb 15 kW of power (what would be required to recharge it in 12 minutes - ignoring losses and taper as the battery approaches full). Using the same battery but scaling it up 25x, you could theoretically recharge a 75 kWh battery at 375 kW and get the same 12 minute recharge time. However, to average 375 kW, you would need a much higher peak power than the 350 kW chargers that Electrify America is currently deploying across the US. As the battery pack capacity (in kWh) increases, the safe charging rates (in kW) increases at roughly the same rate.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Would love to see something like this truck, but did I read this correctly that they can charge a 3kw battery pack in 12 minutes so if they did a 75kw would that be 5 hours.

You’re reacting to the press release at the end of this article? New Electric Pickup Truck From Atlis Motor Vehicles Will Take A Full Charge In 13 Minutes! @ Top Speed

The press release is light on details, but the problem with super fast charging is battery longevity. Charge a battery too fast, and you’ll shorten its lifespan by years. I very much doubt these guys, who are just using whatever cells they can get their hands on, has cracked the code and figured out 15 minutes charge times for a full pack. The fact that these guys don’t even realize that their claims are implausible shows you how little they know about batteries.

Reactions: gilscales
atlis-electric-truck-xt-crew-cab-1024x572.jpeg

atlis-2.jpg

atlis-electric-truck-xt-cab-bed-wheels-tires-1024x558.jpeg

atlis-electric-truck-xt-interior-wheel-dash-1024x566.jpeg

atlis.jpg

http://www.atlismotorvehicles.com/xt-truck

Just too good to be true you think or what?

Well, their money raise goal is $1M. To build a working prototype. I guess you could cobble together something for $1M, but that is a laughably low amount of money for an auto company. What’s their plan to build/acquire a manufacturing plant? An ICO?

Their management team is inexperienced, and not a star among them.

They claim full charge in 15 minutes. Not even Tesla claims that and Tesla is arguably the world leader in automotive battery technology. If Atlis really had that technology, they would be licensing it to GM and making tons of money that way.

They don’t even have a prototype, yet they claim to be able to sell their truck for $45k, a truck with unbelievable specs. Rivian has good specs, not unbelievable, yet they are targeting more like $70k.

All of a sudden their website is full of gorgeous pictures of their truck. But wait, aren’t they raising money to build a prototype? It is almost as if they can’t keep their stories straight. Are these pictures real or photoshopped?

Finally, I don’t think any of the “news” articles recently published have actually visited these guys. The articles are all based of what Atlis has claimed...

Reactions: jjrandorin
Well, their money raise goal is $1M. To build a working prototype. I guess you could cobble together something for $1M, but that is a laughably low amount of money for an auto company. What’s their plan to build/acquire a manufacturing plant? An ICO?

They claim full charge in 15 minutes. Not even Tesla claims that and Tesla is arguably the world leader in automotive battery technology. If Atlis really had that technology, they would be licensing it to GM and making tons of money that way.

They don’t even have a prototype, yet they claim to be able to sell their truck for $45k, a truck with unbelievable specs. Rivian has good specs, not unbelievable, yet they are targeting more like $70k.

All of a sudden their website is full of gorgeous pictures of their truck. But wait, aren’t they raising money to build a prototype? It is almost as if they can’t keep their stories straight. Are these pictures real or photoshopped?

Finally, I don’t think any of the “news” articles recently published have actually visited these guys. The articles are all based of what Atlis has claimed...

Those are all good points!

Totally agree, but couldn't help but notice your signature- Moderator for RivianAuto.Club, discussion forum for all things related to the Rivian EVs. :p

Reactions: Cosmacelf