Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attempted break-in Capel St North Melbourne

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I went to bar for about an hour in North Melbourne and came back to this on passenger side (Capel St). Frustratingly, it was one of few times that I haven't had sentry mode switched to auto, and so I have no footage. It would have been the flash warning that may have deterred this prick. Anyway, just a friendly reminder to ALWAY KEEP SENTRY MODE ON GUYS!

Annoyingly, the handle now does not close on its own after shutting door. Tesla service centre have pointed me to a body repair shopon Ferrars St South Melbourne. If anyone has anyone shop recommendations that would be great.

Attachments

• PXL_20210623_231211540.jpg
    PXL_20210623_231211540.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Helpful
Reactions: paulp
Last night I went to bar for about an hour in North Melbourne and came back to this on passenger side (Capel St). Frustratingly, it was one of few times that I haven't had sentry mode switched to auto, and so I have no footage. It would have been the flash warning that may have deterred this prick. Anyway, just a friendly reminder to ALWAY KEEP SENTRY MODE ON GUYS!

Annoyingly, the handle now does not close on its own after shutting door. Tesla service centre have pointed me to a body repair shopon Ferrars St South Melbourne. If anyone has anyone shop recommendations that would be great.
That's bloody annoying for you. Yeah keep the sentry mode on if you can afford the 4% per day power drain. Most times this is doable, unless leaving the car parked for days on end when it will eventually kick off at 20% SOC. Likewise use Dashcam. It saved the day for me when I got shunted from behind by someone not watching where they were going. I got the repair done af Ferrars St & I was very happy with the job they did.