Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attempting to Repair Front Collision Salvaged Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would hate to see you to get sucked into such an engrossing hobby and miss important life events. I highly suggest you try turning it off, and simply walking away...

I have a supercharger literally a couple miles away...let's just say I keep trying to convince myself to wait until it's roadworthy..we'll see how that works out. :)

I have some good news, concerning news, and bad news.

Good News: I installed the wall charger today and the car charges!

IMG_5290.JPG
IMG_5292.JPG
IMG_5296.JPG

Concerning News:
1) For some reason, despite installing a 60-Amp circuit breaker, the car is only charging at 12-Amps.

Bad News:
1) While the car was charging, I closed the door with both key fobs inside the car (don't ask why). Evidently, it seems the car locked itself by virtue of it charging, or at least I presume so.

I cut power to the wall charger by turning off the 60-amp circuit breaker; however, the charger port was still locked. So I turned the breaker back on, although now it's just blue and not even charging.

So not only am I locked out the car now, but I'm also unable to charge the car.

I called a locksmith and they can do it for $105; would like to avoid this option, if possible.

If you have any ideas on how I can unlock the car, or charge port, then please let me know. Also note, I have not done the transfer of ownership so I'm unable to download the official tesla app.

View attachment 261479 View attachment 261480 View attachment 261481

Concerning News:
1) For some reason, despite installing a 60-Amp circuit breaker, the car is only charging at 12-Amps.

Bad News:
1) While the car was charging, I closed the door with both key fobs inside the car (don't ask why). Evidently, it seems the car locked itself by virtue of it charging, or at least I presume so.

I cut power to the wall charger by turning off the 60-amp circuit breaker; however, the charger port was still locked. So I turned the breaker back on, although now it's just blue and not even charging.

I called a locksmith and they can do it for $105; would like to avoid this option, if possible.

If you have any ideas on how I can unlock the car, or charge port, then please let me know. Also note, I have not done the transfer of ownership so I'm unable to download the official tesla app.

View attachment 261479 View attachment 261480 View attachment 261481

Concerning News:

Bad News:

Did you configure the HPWC for your 60 Amp feed?
Page 20 of https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...l_connector_installation_manual_80A_en_US.pdf

Check your 12 volt battery make sure it charged. As far as I know I didn't think you could lock the keys in minus you removed the antennas. Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it charged and maybe it will wake up if you push one of the handles. If you resort to smashing a window choose the rear there Less a pain to change.

Check your 12 volt battery make sure it charged. As far as I know I didn't think you could lock the keys in minus you removed the antennas. Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it charged and maybe it will wake up if you push one of the handles. If you resort to smashing a window choose the rear there Less a pain to change.

The battery is fully charged. I will try disconnecting as per your suggestion and let you know.