Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attempting to schedule a service appointment for a car I don't own yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm buying a Model S out of state and the dealership offered to drop the car off at Tesla service to have it checked out if I want to schedule the appointment. The automated customer service line at Tesla suggested using the mobile app to schedule the appointment, but according to the app I need to add a vehicle before I can schedule an appointment. I don't have the have the paperwork for the car yet and wanted to ask if there is another way to schedule a service appointment?
Thanks,
John

I'm buying a Model S out of state and the dealership offered to drop the car off at Tesla service to have it checked out if I want to schedule the appointment. The automated customer service line at Tesla suggested using the mobile app to schedule the appointment, but according to the app I need to add a vehicle before I can schedule an appointment. I don't have the have the paperwork for the car yet and wanted to ask if there is another way to schedule a service appointment?
Thanks,
John
You can't schedule an appointment for a car that you don't own. Ask the dealership to schedule the appointment.

You would probably need to figure out the Service Center's direct number and talk directly to them. Maybe even drive there and talk them in person (if possible)? Although I have a feeling your are not close to them, right? Not sure what to say - Tesla is somewhat hard to work with at times.