Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attend a Launch thru NASA program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Just a reminder for everyone: You can apply to attend a launch through the NASA Social program.

While it appears they are looking for those with a high social media presence, they're really looking for influencers. If you're active here on this subforum, you can link to this stuff as part of the application.

I attended a SpaceX cargo launch earlier this year. We spent two days talking to the scientists first hand, touring behind the scenes, etc. The other participants were from a variety of backgrounds - authors, graphic illustrators, home schoolers, The Mars Generation, musicians, and so on. I made some great friends. It was an awesome experience and I highly recommend.

You can learn more here: NASA Socials

I'm also happy to answer any questions about the experience.

Having skimmed through your provided link, am I correctly understanding an invitation does NOT include a spouse or other +1?
Correct. The application is for just one person. Space is very limited, ranging from 20-50 people (depends on the event). My particular group was capped at 30.

However, if a spouse or whoever came along, there are tons of things to do in the area. The Kennedy Space Center is definitely worth a day (or more) of exploration, for instance. DisneyWorld is a short drive away in Orlando. They're not going to be bored while you're onsite at NASA.