Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attitude of some people..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At Membury eastbound, not enabled for non tesla cars. Pulled up and these guys were hogging 2 spots on a busy Sunday afternoon around 3pm... lady said 'what? do you need it ?' when I pointed out that they shouldn't be here... luckily there was one other available for me.. then they moved their car to plug into the next one.. so I explained they can't use these as there are only a select few in the UK open to non tesla users.. and all I got from the guy was 'really....' I was going to help out but then he totally ignored me. Attitude of some people.
20220925_150424.jpg

At Membury eastbound, not enabled for non tesla cars. Pulled up and these guys were hogging 2 spots on a busy Sunday afternoon around 3pm... lady said 'what? do you need it ?' when I pointed out that they shouldn't be here... luckily there was one other available for me.. then they moved their car to plug into the next one.. so I explained they can't use these as there are only a select few in the UK open to non tesla users.. and all I got from the guy was 'really....' I was going to help out but then he totally ignored me. Attitude of some people. View attachment 856755
What a pillock!

At Membury eastbound, not enabled for non tesla cars. Pulled up and these guys were hogging 2 spots on a busy Sunday afternoon around 3pm... lady said 'what? do you need it ?' when I pointed out that they shouldn't be here... luckily there was one other available for me.. then they moved their car to plug into the next one.. so I explained they can't use these as there are only a select few in the UK open to non tesla users.. and all I got from the guy was 'really....' I was going to help out but then he totally ignored me. Attitude of some people. View attachment 856755
On a positive note, at least you got to look at a beaut car while charging 😍

Reactions: GSP and ElectricIAC
You do understand that the combination of the position of the vehicle charge port, the bumper that was installed in front of the charger, the height of the vehicle front-lip, and the length of the charge cable, that’s the only way for them to connect, right?

OP was trying to be the supercharger police. And by that I mean, creating a problem where there wasn’t one.

Money doesn’t buy brains, nor does self-righteousness.

I was actually was trying to be helpful not trying to Police anything and most certainly wasnt trying to create a problem.
If it had been an 'unlocked' charger, then i would have asked them if they needed assistance with the App would have also suggested parking slightly differently as to only take up one bay.
But thank you for your constructive input glide, always happy to see friendly forum users and posts.

I was actually was trying to be helpful not trying to Police anything and most certainly wasnt trying to create a problem.
If it had been an 'unlocked' charger, then i would have asked them if they needed assistance with the App would have also suggested parking slightly differently as to only take up one bay.
But thank you for your constructive input glide, always happy to see friendly forum users and posts.
is there a way a Taycan can charge at a supercharger and only take up one bay? I guess it depends if there is any space at the end of the row maybe?

You do understand that the combination of the position of the vehicle charge port, the bumper that was installed in front of the charger, the height of the vehicle front-lip, and the length of the charge cable, that’s the only way for them to connect, right?

OP was trying to be the supercharger police. And by that I mean, creating a problem where there wasn’t one.

Money doesn’t buy brains, nor does self-righteousness.
Looks like self-righteousness is available in spades, in this neck of the woods!

• Disagree
Reactions: G4WFT and glide
is there a way a Taycan can charge at a supercharger and only take up one bay? I guess it depends if there is any space at the end of the row maybe?
possible the end of the row if they go up on the kerb at the side, but Tesla either need to fit longer cables or change to a petrol forecourt style of charger layout like they already have in some other countries.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Apparently not. Otherwise they would have plugged in, realized they could not charge and moved on.

In which case, there is no need for the supercharger police.
Dude. the list of superchargers where non Teslas can charge is not open to 'alternative facts' It's on Teslas website. Membury is not on the list. We all have the same plugs on this side of the pond. Uninformed people were trying to charge non Teslas at Superchargers long before any were open to non Teslas.
Taycan guy was probably just slow catching on. Far more likely than he was able to charge at that location.
In this country we try often try to help strangers if we can rather than just leave them to struggle. Its one of the advantages of not having to worry about getting shot. :rolleyes:

In this country we try often try to help strangers if we can rather than just leave them to struggle. Its one of the advantages of not having to worry about getting shot. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah? So OP was being helpful by taking a picture, posting it on a public forum, and talking *sugar* about the owner? Okayyyyyyy.

Seems more like they were sticking their nose where it didn’t belong, got their feelings hurt and then cried to the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.