TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Attorney / Lawyer _ AutoPilot - Like Seriously?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by iorchii, Oct 19, 2015.

1. iorchii

iorchii Member

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

Nothing surprising here.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Do we even want the link here to add page views for them?

4. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

Can we sure car manufactures who don't have TACC? If I get back into a car without TACC is it my fault if the cruise control doesn't stop before I hit the wall. Surely I must be able to sue the car manufacture who does not provide TACC, right?

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

Portland! woot woot!

6. jdo

jdo Member

I'm neither a lawyer nor a software developer nor a businessman, but I always thought that calling it "Autopilot" was potential legal flypaper. I'm surprised Tesla's lawyers didn't recommend something more technically specific (if less catchy).

7. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

I purposely didn't click on it. This could easily be the next "fire!!!" and grow legs. You gotta admit though, this is incredibly risky for Tesla, being the first and having a Billionaire owner and all. I'm hoping mankind will see the huge benefit of this once it gets the bugs ironed out. There will be far less accidents overall and holy cow, think about all the Drunk Drivers who may actually get home without killing anyone. Of course the Lawyers will say this "encourages Drunk Driving" so there's that... It will be interesting to see what happens.

8. donv

donv Member

I drive on that part of 26, and that particular ramp almost every day. I see fender-bender type accidents there probably every third day... and none of those cars have autopilot!

9. danni

danni Member

Tip of the day! Whenever you want to link to something but not generate page views, advertisement revenue, etc, you can just prefix the URL with http : // unvis . it (without the spaces that I added to prevent the forum from turning it into a link - any better way to do that?) and it'll take care of the rest. Like this: UV : attorneygroup.com/blog/tesla-autopilot-lawsuit/

10. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Technically, autopilot is an established term that means a feature that assists the operator. I don't really see big issue.

Volvo also calls their system autopilot:
    http://www.volvocars.com/intl/about/our-innovation-brands/intellisafe/intellisafe-autopilot

11. saladman

saladman Member

Actually we SHOULD be clicking on it. Give them false hope that people care. And every click costs them money in whatever advertising scheme they are using. Just like I always click on my political opponents ads. Sure I'll watch that. And I'll let Google take 2.5cents for my having sat through it. And I'll do it again because you're not going to change my mind. So I'm just wasting your money.

12. JonG

JonG Member

its a direct link not through an agency as far as I can tell. The traffic would therefore be free and the kudos will raise their search engine placing.

I agree reed when it's an advert, you should do the same (click on any ad) shown on web sites you like as they often get paid by click and not impression. We could all support this site by clicking an ad once a day (I have no affiliation with the site other than being a free member)

13. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Dude, if Tesla's Lawyers allowed "insane mode" and "ludicrous mode" then I'm fairly certainly they aren't going to raise a red flag at "Autopilot".