Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attorney referral needed, Automotive related. Northern California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that I would throw this out there for some help. My 6 month old car was hit ( Non Tesla) while parked, its now in a Body Shop. I called the shop today for an update and they told me that they caught my car on fire while welding. It is all interior damage. They apparently had no plans to tell me as they had already ordered replacement parts.

Looking for options on how to approach this as ill now have a stinky interior due to fire damage with loss of value.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I once owned a large autobody business so trust me on this:
Notify your insurance company ASAP so they can send an appraiser to document the damage and repair. Most body shops will do the minimum (!) amount of work to cover the damage. They may not do an adequate job on things such as wiring that they can cover with new interior panels. Go take pictures if the insurance company won't. Absolutely don't accept "no" if the body shop won't let you take pictures before, during, and after the repair. Sadly, 100% honest body shop owners are rare. I hate to say that, but I've known dozens of them and have seen a lot of sneaky behavior.

I once owned a large autobody business so trust me on this:
Notify your insurance company ASAP so they can send an appraiser to document the damage and repair. Most body shops will do the minimum (!) amount of work to cover the damage. They may not do an adequate job on things such as wiring that they can cover with new interior panels. Go take pictures if the insurance company won't. Absolutely don't accept "no" if the body shop won't let you take pictures before, during, and after the repair. Sadly, 100% honest body shop owners are rare. I hate to say that, but I've known dozens of them and have seen a lot of sneaky behavior.
Sorry I have to ask... Were you one of the honest ones ?:)