Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AU Gen 3 wall connectors arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys newbie here. Been waiting for the wall connector to come back in stock and just realised it has but is also a gen3 model. So they listed it on the Aussie site as Gen3 7.3m length. Is it actually 7.3m? Youtube reviews mentions they have reduced the cable lengths for gen 3 from 24 feet/7.3m (gen 2) to 18 feet/5.4m (gen 3)? Can anybody confirm it is actually 7.3m and not 5.4m length? Thanks

The installation manuals available online suggest a single phase gen 3 is 5.4m and a 3 phase gen 3 is 7.3m.
The above link to the store says it will add up to 71km per hour of charge, so thats a 3 phase unit.
Thanks paulp, had a look at the installation manual as well and it does mention the lengths. Maybe they have increased the cable lengths from early releases?

Thanks paulp, had a look at the installation manual as well and it does mention the lengths. Maybe they have increased the cable lengths from early releases?
Not sure, but if the goods dont meet the specification promised at the point of sale a full refund has to be provided.
I find the long length a bit painful as I have always mounted by connector as close to the car as possible. At the current setup its ceiling mounted and drops straight down.

Reactions: Electric Mouse
In the States we now have downloadable firmware for Gen3 Power Sharing over WiFi. Until recently, the wired comms on Gen2 was the only way to get the Power Sharing feature from Tesla Wall Connectors. Is this something that people used with EU & AU Wall Connectors?

Does the new Gen3 WC now work with the PW2/GW2 in relation to adjusting AMPs automatically if one wishes to use a setting along the lines of "only charge from my solar"?

EDIT:
Answered my own question, good info here:

Reactions: Hairyman
Does the new Gen3 WC now work with the PW2/GW2 in relation to adjusting AMPs automatically if one wishes to use a setting along the lines of "only charge from my solar"?

EDIT:
Answered my own question, good info here:
looks like that functionality is coming. Cant wait!
For anyone with the distance dillema the pic in the article tried to demonstrate, mount the charger on the ceiling in the middle of the garage. You can cable tie a hook from bunnings to the cable to roll it up. In the middle of the gargare as well. It works really well rather than being so far away on a wall.