Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AU Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, one of my favourite cars ever. Was such a great looking car.

So on the FSD current deal of $2800, I couldn't resist, even just to get the upgraded hardware. Will be interesting to see what it reverts to Monday.

Hi Smithy, where you can get the deal for $2800 FSD upgrade? I can't find the autopilot section on my account now and I asked the guy from services, they said they had issues with the price and I can't purchase at all...

So in just the two P100D's that I currently run the depreciation is a massive $292,740 on fully loaded cars that are between 18mths to 2 years old with average km's. Throw in the loss on my P85D which was largely the expected used car depreciation of circa $90,000 including the extra cost ludicrous conversion and the total Tesla fleet depreciation over 3 cars is $382,740. Remembering that the lions share of that is directly due to price drops and massive price discounting on inventory and demo vehicles that destroy resale values for existing owners.
For those of you that heavily finance your cars, you are now heavily underwater as the residual finance value will almost certainly massively exceed the market value of your car. Something to consider perhaps?

@360C and @100KWH I absolutely feel for you guys. I completely understand your position, especially with respect to finance. My comments aren't going to make you feel better. I just put a deposit down for a new long range Model S so my "gain" is your pain.

I cross-shopped the Jaguar I-Pace. I test drove that car in late Jan. At the time, feature for feature, I thought it was slightly better value. The advantages of the Tesla (for me) were slightly better range and the supercharger network. When I drove the Jag, the salesperson said to me "You have to think of it as an investment". At which point I immediately stopped him and said, "Please, tell me any other lies you like about this car, but don't try to tell me I'm doing anything other than setting fire to a pile of money".

The Jag is a nicer car inside, at least that's my perception and before the price change, I was going to buy it. After the price change, I thought, 'That's the right value point for the Model S and Tesla deserves my money for being the innovator'. My overall expectation hasn't changed though. I'm still setting fire to cash. The market only changes if people buy the vehicles, and early adopters in tech always pay the heaviest price. I know that from repeated personal experience, as I'm sure most people reading this do. Buying Tesla is buying inexperience in a market with a century of history. They don't have the product, marketing, manufacturing and distribution DNA of the other brands. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad.

Tesla is now the best car at a good price, so I bought it. A sale that I can tell you probably would not have gone that way a few weeks prior. So the net impact of the price change should bring more buyers to the brand.

If it makes you feel any better, you've had more time in your cars, and for that I am very jealous.

Reactions: 100KWH and Vostok
@360C and @100KWH I absolutely feel for you guys. I completely understand your position, especially with respect to finance. My comments aren't going to make you feel better. I just put a deposit down for a new long range Model S so my "gain" is your pain.

I cross-shopped the Jaguar I-Pace. I test drove that car in late Jan. At the time, feature for feature, I thought it was slightly better value. The advantages of the Tesla (for me) were slightly better range and the supercharger network. When I drove the Jag, the salesperson said to me "You have to think of it as an investment". At which point I immediately stopped him and said, "Please, tell me any other lies you like about this car, but don't try to tell me I'm doing anything other than setting fire to a pile of money".

The Jag is a nicer car inside, at least that's my perception and before the price change, I was going to buy it. After the price change, I thought, 'That's the right value point for the Model S and Tesla deserves my money for being the innovator'. My overall expectation hasn't changed though. I'm still setting fire to cash. The market only changes if people buy the vehicles, and early adopters in tech always pay the heaviest price. I know that from repeated personal experience, as I'm sure most people reading this do. Buying Tesla is buying inexperience in a market with a century of history. They don't have the product, marketing, manufacturing and distribution DNA of the other brands. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad.

Tesla is now the best car at a good price, so I bought it. A sale that I can tell you probably would not have gone that way a few weeks prior. So the net impact of the price change should bring more buyers to the brand.

If it makes you feel any better, you've had more time in your cars, and for that I am very jealous.
Welcome to the Tesla community, you are going to love the car.
It's good you're going into it knowing the company is still young. There are people on this forum who have some of the first RHD cars Tesla produced, and those cars aren't even 5 years old. I've had my car less than 3 years, and when I bought it you couldn't drive Sydney to Brisbane without slow charging at Coffs Harbour showgrounds :)

Congrats on making the right purchase. I’m a fan of uncluttered minimalism and simple clean lines, coupled with understated luxury. The jag interior definately isnt to my liking.

Reactions: Vostok

Welcome to the community! Fortunately, I don't feel too bad - as you said, I've had a year with the car prior to the price drop, and one can't really price 'supporting the mission'. I do hear the price drops will be partially reversed soon due to Tesla's about-face in keeping many stores open. So you've struck a bargain!

Welcome to the community! Fortunately, I don't feel too bad - as you said, I've had a year with the car prior to the price drop, and one can't really price 'supporting the mission'. I do hear the price drops will be partially reversed soon due to Tesla's about-face in keeping many stores open. So you've struck a bargain!

Thanks @100KWH, I heard that too, and I will be interested to see what the price changes to after tonight.

Not that interesting, I've heard this view expressed many times.
The simple fact is that Tesla is growing every quarter, they are acheiving their mission, and are consistently ranked up near the top of consumer satisfaction.
The didn't have to worry about cannabalizing ICE sales and servicing the way the old car makers did, and have gone all-in on EV. Without Tesla we would all be trying to find a Nissan dealer who could be bothered showing us a Leaf, then charging at some 3rd party RFID-needing barely-fast-enough ChaDeMo in front of the NRMA office.

I stumped up $4300 for FSD when the price first dropped in early March. It then dropped further to $2800. After hearing from @model3owners on Twitter Tesla would refund the difference, I reached out to Tesla Australia to ask the question. Last Friday I got a call from Tesla saying they would refund the $1500 difference. That night the credit showed up in my account. Thanks Tesla.

Reactions: Icey and ICUDoc