Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AU Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, Just feels like existings owners all lost $20k instantly.
You can jump in to a P100D for like $170k now.
I wonder if the big price drop is in response to the incoming competition such as porsche and audi?
Seems that the base model s has dropped only about $5000, the 100d around $20,000, and the ludicrous around $80,000+.
Clearly trying to make the faster car more compelling.

I just paid $7,800 2 days ago for autopilot trial period special price, I feel cheated!

I know how you feel. It sucks! Try and forget about it if you can. I got screwed last time the price dropped as well.
Its not as bad as AP2 to AP2.5. Your car would instantly be last generation and all the features you miss out on.

Just enjoy the car and not think about it.

I bet your thinking you'll do a credit card chargeback and then re-purchase it later. Problem with that is that the price change is only for new customers. Existing customers still have to pay the full price. There are some teslas out there that dont have supercharging enabled as a long time ago it was a paid option.

Actually, just realised that the autopilot at $5700 (after purchase) says it dosent have autopark or summon (mine does)

There is also a FSD option at 10k after purchase, does this mean I will have the FSD which is listed as available later this year?

20190301_223537.jpg
20190301_223519.jpg

In USA ludicrous is 15k extra, here is currently free. The price (pre luxury car tax) for a p100d with ludicrous is currently noticeably cheaper in Australia than USA.

I recon it's a typo that will be corrected soon. If you are in the market for one is jump in before it is corrected.

Having just bought an ex demo a fre months ago I've got some mixed feelings about this. But I still got a good deal so will live.

In USA ludicrous is 15k extra, here is currently free. The price (pre luxury car tax) for a p100d with ludicrous is currently noticeably cheaper in Australia than USA.

I recon it's a typo that will be corrected soon. If you are in the market for one is jump in before it is corrected.

Having just bought an ex demo a fre months ago I've got some mixed feelings about this. But I still got a good deal so will live.

Yeah, I feel the same. Really wanted a P100D but at 210k+ was a bit out of reach so settled on a demo 75D with 21s for 128k.

If I was buying now I'd have gone the P100D on 19s for 164k drive away, bargain.

A few weeks ago there was about 3 inventory P100Ds around 185k with 10,0000km on them and they went quick, theyve just had a big hit to their resale.

Yeah, I feel the same. Really wanted a P100D but at 210k+ was a bit out of reach so settled on a demo 75D with 21s for 128k.

If I was buying now I'd have gone the P100D on 19s for 164k drive away, bargain.

A few weeks ago there was about 3 inventory P100Ds around 185k with 10,0000km on them and they went quick, theyve just had a big hit to their resale.

I got the one just before with 5000km was still in my 3 day cooling off period when they popped up. I had lower ks and twin turbine vs turbine wheels which indicates to me it was genuinely newer so opted to keep with my slightly higher price.

Agreed this has smashed my resale price. But I intended on keeping it about 8 years. Passing it on to my currently 6 year old son is a bit of a running joke but not out of possibility.

So yeah I would've saved 10k but had to wait 6 months and missed out on what's been an awesome summer if family road trips and artificial fart noises. Oh and an incredible trip to the drag races 3 days ago!

• Love
Reactions: MangroveMike
Cars have never been investments. Stop whining. You bought in to the Tesla mission/vision and that was to help make the M3. Sure, I could get a lot more MX now that when I got my MX in July 17, but it's still an awesome car and Tesla is going to win. Also increased my TSLA shareholding by 200 in the last week. Hopefully, in the fullness of time, that will offset any difference in price I may have suffered.

I just want to end up a cashed up bogan in a Tesla pickup towing my 11000lbs 5th wheeler around Australia using nothing but sunshine when I retire in the 5-10 year time span ;)

Cars have never been investments. Stop whining. You bought in to the Tesla mission/vision and that was to help make the M3. Sure, I could get a lot more MX now that when I got my MX in July 17, but it's still an awesome car and Tesla is going to win. Also increased my TSLA shareholding by 200 in the last week. Hopefully, in the fullness of time, that will offset any difference in price I may have suffered.

I just want to end up a cashed up bogan in a Tesla pickup towing my 11000lbs 5th wheeler around Australia using nothing but sunshine when I retire in the 5-10 year time span ;)

Not sure which part of us agreeing that "we're ok with it" is winning. But you can't really expect us to be elated.

Though agree a car is not an investment. Even the term asset is a stretch!