TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aubrey McClendon Just Died

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by TheTalkingMule, Mar 2, 2016.

1. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

Drove His Tahoe Into a Wall

Big deal in the energy world, this guy was the best at leveraged growth in fracking wells. He basically placed our last horrendous governor in office for Pennsylvania's worst 4 year run in it's history. Major cuts to public education, massive unpaid bills, and of course......zero tax on natural gas extraction.

Justice Department served him papers yesterday and all the skeletons were going to be exposed. Sad to see I guess, but him trying to fill his empty soul with money stomped on the lives of countless poor Pennsylvanians.

2. JER

JER Member

Still tragic, but I'd take that as an admission of guilt.

3. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I'm not sure that the sentence for stealing my beloved Super Sonics and violation of antitrust laws should be death, but when all you can see is money and power, like him, taking that away could seem like it. If it was intentional, he too the coward's way out.

4. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

Market watch kept calling this an 'accident'... sure it was....

5. TheTalkingMule

No word yet if the body was positively identified. Should be easy enough to do a DNA check in case this was a Ken Lay Special.

6. James Anders

James Anders Member

Wow. Tough crowd here. I feel sorry for his family and friends.

7. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

Funny that this was also my first thought when I got to the part in the story that mentioned a fire...

8. TheTalkingMule

I mean, that's what I would do in his position. Easily has a few billion stashed away just like Ken Lay did. I'm sure there are full-service groups out there who will disappear you properly for $5M. It's the logical move to a sociopath.