TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Audi A3 and VW Golf Plug-in Diesel Hybrids

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by dpeilow, May 11, 2009.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I love Audi & VW, but not worth it IMO. What I like about Tesla's offerings is that not only is it purely electric, but there's no comprimise on performance.

With any luck, by the time this is released, we'll be sitting in Model S' which hit the performance numbers of their current Turbo'd GTI/GLI

3. walk_n_wind

walk_n_wind Member

At least *some*body's doing diesel hybrids. I mean, seriously - if the goal is to minimize energy usage, why are we producing gasoline-electric hybrids when diesel makes the most of our oil? This is a question that bothers me daily...

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I wish Honda would do a CNG hybrid. They had hybrid Civic, or CNG Civic, but not CNG hybrid which would likely have better mileage, and the benefits of both technologies.

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

PHEV madness...

Audi's A2 on comeback trail | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

7. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Seems clear that Audi is trying to consign their commercial EV offerings to the bottom end of the market, rather than positioning EVs as luxury/power. Good news for Tesla, but bad for consumer choice.