Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi E-Tron GT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Audi E-Tron GT is entering production. Looks really great.

Bildergalerie-Audi-e-tron-GT-concept-2021-1200x800-e81bfcf7fe3da9a6.jpg
audi-rs-e-tron-gt-fahrbericht-2020-02-min.png
audi-etron-gt-21.jpg

Last edited:
Audi reveals its Porsche-powered E-Tron GT

Starting price at $100k. Was hoping it would start a bit lower to be closer to the S, but maybe once the initial hype goes down it will be selling for less than MSRP as other makes do. I think Audi still has $7500 credits left too.

Will be interesting to see how these do once I am ready to trade in my 3 in a few years. Might be a nice compliment to our S.

Reactions: Needsdecaf
I'm going to be keeping an eye on it. Cost is a bit high even with the $7500 federal tax credit.

I am disappointed that they didn't go the Super Cruise route with hands free.

I'm simply not going to spend $100K on a car that doesn't have hands free highway driving of some kind. It is after all 2021, and hands on the steering wheel is so last decade.

So the Rivian remains fully in front on my next EV leaderboard.

Reactions: wreighven
I don't get it. Why is this Taycan in Audi skin is more expensive than Taycan? When someone buys a vehicle for over $100,000 then "prestige" of the brand is a significant factor. When did it happen that Audis have a higher prestige brand perception than Porsches?
I remember a BMW salesman told me about my consideration of an Audi: "yeh, Volkswagen also makes cars". And if the goal is simply to get a fast good driving cars with plenty of technical features, then the Model 3 is as fast and probably more loaded with tech than this Audi for half the price of it.

VW smartly positions ID.x below Tesla, Porsche - above Tesla, but Audi does not fit anywhere as it is hard to avoid direct competition of Audi with Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: Needsdecaf and Mr X
I don't get it. Why is this Taycan in Audi skin is more expensive than Taycan? When someone buys a vehicle for over $100,000 then "prestige" of the brand is a significant factor. When did it happen that Audis have a higher prestige brand perception than Porsches?

I suspect we haven’t seen the lowest GT model they will eventually release. The specs are closer to the $100k Taycan (bigger battery, AWD, etc). I imagine they will also release a “cheaper” one with RWD and a smaller battery like the Taycan has.

I suspect we haven’t seen the lowest GT model they will eventually release. The specs are closer to the $100k Taycan (bigger battery, AWD, etc). I imagine they will also release a “cheaper” one with RWD and a smaller battery like the Taycan has.

Exactly. This is equivalent to a Taycan 4S which starts $4k higher at $103,800. If you factor in that the ETron GT includes the larger battery pack, that puts the Taycan at $109,400, almost exactly $10k more.

personally I think it should be a bigger delta. But the Audi certainly isn't MORE than the Porsche.