Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Audi is integrating Apple Music directly into the infotainment system of its select cars in North America"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Audi is integrating Apple Music directly into the infotainment system of its select cars in North America, Europe, and Japan. This will allow Audi owners to enjoy Apple Music via the infotainment system without having to connect their iPhones to it via Bluetooth or USB."

Looks like Apple is allowing car developers to integrate their music service into the car's UI. What is the likelihood of Tesla doing the same?

Reactions: blecchus_rex
Pretty sure Fiat had built in Apple Music for quite a few years.

It’s funny how these “legacy” manufacturers who supposedly struggle with tech are able to integrate things like Alexa, CarPlay, Android Auto, Apple Music while Tesla, who supposedly excel at tech, can’t/won’t and would rather give us gimmicks like fart noises and light shows instead

Last edited:
Reactions: E90alex and KentheJ
Waze now supports Apple Music integration.

Maybe with more companies working with Apple in integrating their music service, Tesla will also.

I have used the native Spotify app, but it often has issues playing back podcasts. I found in order to use Spotify in Tesla I had to reboot the console daily. I submitted a few support cases with service, but never got anywhere in a resolution. I have been using TuneIn for a few months and don't have any issues with playback.

I keep my hopes up that Tesla will either fix/improve Spotify or support Apple Music. Does anyone know if Tesla maintains the Spotify app code and is responsible to update it, or did they simply work with Spotify on a project to make the app available? Seems to me that the Spotify app hasn't been updated since it was originally release, but I may be mistaken.

Adding just applemusic / Amazon music allows Tesla to bake them in like tidal and Spotify - they simply become another service that doesn’t interfere with the Tesla interface like CarPlay/android auto would

It’s the cleanest and quickest way to get them both on the platform.

Reactions: Tinkerin
I really hope this happens. I switched from Apple Music to Spotify just so that I can have it integrated into my cars. I prefer the curating of music in Spotify but I would prefer to switch back to Apple. I'm just waiting for native support, if that ever happens!

Reactions: Tinkerin