Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi Offers Up Sneak Peek Of e-Tron GT Ahead Of Reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Audi will debut the e-tron GT concept on November 28 at the LA Auto Show

This year’s Los Angeles Auto Show will see several interesting electric vehicles and concepts being revealed. One of the most promising, the Audi e-tron GT concept, a vehicle underpinned by the Porsche Taycan architecture, certainly seems like one of the most interesting reveals.

While Audi kept its lips sealed about any real information about this vehicle, the automaker is hard at work at teasing us on the upcoming all-electric luxury car from the Ingolstadt based carmaker, slated to hit the showrooms somewhere around 2020.

Today, a few days ahead of its official premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show, the German carmaker released a teaser video for the upcoming e-tron GT concept vehicle. While it doesn’t reveal much, it does show some broad strokes concerning the car’s exterior, design cues, and other items.

#Sneak Peek: the #Audi #etron GT concept – stay tuned for the big #world #premiere on November 28. pic.twitter.com/NIg0z6bIwR

— AUDI AG (@Audi_Press) November 25, 2018

From the teaser, the vehicle will follow a similar design language featured in most of today’s Audi models. The rear lights are seemingly placed all across the rear, giving us that gorgeous LED strip seen on the new Audi A6, Audi A8, and the Audi Q8. Furthermore, the design is as sleek as it gets! Hopefully, this will become a vehicle similar to the stature & appeal of the Audi A7 – but with a full battery powered powertrain.

If Audi can match what seems to be a clean & stylish design with adequate range & performance (310 miles / 510 kilometers and a 0-60mph (0-97km/h) and acceleration around 2.00-3.00 seconds) they might just have a winner on their hands. Currently, we know that the vehicle is set to benefit from the Taycan architecture in a rather interesting way: it’ll be the first production passenger car able to use the 800-volt battery system that will enable it to use up to 350 kW charging.

Stay tuned for more information and the full Audi e-tron GT concept vehicle reveal scheduled for November 28.

This article originally appeared on Inside EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Who is going to pay even the base price of $63,000 and then be willing to depend on public chargers? I do like the wheels a lot! But fussy as I am, my Model X continues to amaze and please me even after two years and 30,000 miles. And i would never return to Mercedes or Audi because of their outrageous service pricing.

Reactions: DiamondHands
That long "agressive" hood looks like a whole lot of wasted space.
Why go electric when you still stick to the downsides of an ICE? Most prominently here the massive waste of space where the engine was before....
Not sure what you mean. Doesn't look particularly long to me.

NKgcJWr.jpg

UmWv5W1.jpg

I actually have the same issue with the Model S. I understand why the "classic" lines were kept here, but I expect things to change bit by bit. The M3`s "bubbly" proportions are already going in the right direction imho.
I wish the Model 3 had a slightly longer hood. Not only would it look better, but it would also be possible to fit a compact spare wheel in the frunk for road trips ...