Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi Q6 e-tron EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the MX is anything like the MS in its interior and the Audi Q6 actually materializes as a useful EV (MS type range + Some kind of fast charging similar to SC) I would take the Q6 over the MX any day.
Reason: Teslas interior design (or lack of comprehensive interior design) and interior and exterior build quality sucks compared to the German premium brands.
BUT!
I don't think the Audi will materialize as a useful EV so it's kind of a moot point.

Audi of all ICErs is showing more vision in progress, read the recent deals they signed with LG
for battery manufacturing in Europe.

I would hope Tesla will also catch up on interiors thanks to the collaboration with MB, and I cannot
wait to the BEV revolution to explode cca. 2019, when I hope to see several 300mi sub-50k ones
worthy of replacing my 3-pedal S4.

Buying from an established brand that is perceived to be a solid choice from a financial stability and depreciation point of view

Hmmm, no. The depreciation on a Mercedes S class is tragic, quite a bit worse than Tesla Model S based on CPO prices for both premium brand offerings.

- - - Updated - - -

Reason: Tesla's interior design (or lack of comprehensive interior design)

My wife and I recently traded our Mercedes AMG for a Tesla Model S and were thrilled with the Tesla interior design.
Not everyone likes buttons and chrome in the interior.

Then again, our home decoration is also "airy and open", so perhaps we just like what we like...

Looks like a station wagon to me.

The shape looks like a 2005 Dodge Magnum to me (which I like very much), but there is a reason for the shape of the MX. The Magnum had a Cd of about .35, about the same as the Dodge Caravan.

magnum.jpg

Rumor: 3 version with until 700hp.

Translate with google translate:

The claims to have learned the car image. In addition to the top model with 700 horsepower that could compete against the Tesla Model S with P85D also more than 700 hp, are coming on the market efficiency model and a sportier dynamic version. But in the execution efficiency it should not be a waiver model itself. It is, after all, also provide about 360 hp electric. The dynamic variant have 435 hp.
So far, according to Auto Motor und Sport, the talk of "more than 500 hp". His athleticism underline the Audi Q6 with some technical gimmicks: In order to optimize the flow from approximately 80 km / h, the body will be lowered. At the same time go out of the rear spoiler and rear diffuser. However, the whole act upon the weight: Despite a "courageous material mixes" to the series-Q6 weigh almost 2.5 tons. 400 kg more than Tesla's Model S.
Official statements how much could the cost does not yet exist - an unofficial already. According to company sources So is the starting price will be around 65,000 euros. The top version of the Electric Crossovers should be priced at the Audi RS6. The cost around 110,000 euros, roughly as much as the most powerful version of the Tesla Model S.
There are about performance and price, although no official statements, meanwhile confirmed the cooperation of Audi, LG Chem and Samsung SDI in terms of battery production. The two Korean suppliers to invest in Europe in the cell technology which will provide the Ingolstadt-based company from the European sites out. "Together with our South Korean development partners, we bring the production of the latest battery cell technology in the EU and strengthen the European economy at this key technology", says Audi Procurement Executive Bernd Martens. The cell modules to be particularly powerful. "We offer a technological solution that makes electric cars for customers even more attractive." More than 500 kilometers to the Q6 to purely electric driving.

Gerüchte um Q6: Audi Elektro-SUV kommt in drei Varianten mit bis zu 700 PS

My wife and I recently traded our Mercedes AMG for a Tesla Model S and were thrilled with the Tesla interior design.

Then again, our home decoration is also "airy and open", so perhaps we just like what we like...

You're not alone. I too prefer the minimilist design of the Model S interior. To generalize, it seems the Model S owners are in two broad categories-- tech people and car people. The tech people are more likely to prefer the minimilist interior and the car people are more likely to prefer a Mercedes or Audi interior. The early adopters were much more tech people than car people, it's only lately there have been a lot more comments about wanting a plusher interior.

The early adopters were much more tech people than car people, it's only lately there have been a lot more comments about wanting a plusher interior.

I think you're misinterpreting what 'the new people' would like to see. Its not the design of the interior, its the comparatively low quality of materials/build and the limited features when cross shopped against similarly sized/priced luxury vehicles.

Reactions: wangjue

I have nothing against airy and open. And with the center console it would be a good interior design if there are two adults travelling. With two adults AND two kids of young age, not so good.
There is no fold down arm rest with cupholders in the back seat. There is not way to fasten an ipad holder or dvd player on the headrests /this is a big problem when travelling with kids). There is no safety net between the backseat and the trunk if you need to fill it all the way up. etc, etc...
It is these small things that manufacturers like Mecedes, BMW, etc have figured out a long time ago but Tesla apparently have not. If I can get this done good in an Audi or not good in a Tesla, I choose the Audi if everything else is the same.

Nice to see Audi making the effort—at least in design and engineering. But it sounds as if the company is not truly committed to marketing this vehicle. Very limited production is planned. A 300+ mile range is great, but without a high-speed charging network, buyers will be reluctant to purchase this vehicle.

Seeing the inside pictures of the full OLED displays i hope we see some of that is shown on the link and also what audi showed us in 2014 on the prologue concept, just like mercedes benz does with the S Class where they have the best tech when compared to the C Class i think audi should do the same with there e-tron(all electric only) models because (i hope/audi hopes) that customers would be willing to pay the extra dollars that the electric version will have over then non-electic or even the price difference from normal to plug-in so why not have atleast some extra tech in it so customers aren't just paying extra dollars for plug-in or all electric drive trains, i understand that maybe because of cost that maybe everything won't be included but i think going off topic if mercedes benz made a all electric c class sedan then maybe they should include the S class screens or maybe a bit smaller so audi could do the same with this upcoming svu

Audi e-tron quattro pure EV concept set for Frankfurt show - Photos (1 of 5)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see Audi making the effort—at least in design and engineering. But it sounds as if the company is not truly committed to marketing this vehicle. Very limited production is planned. A 300+ mile range is great, but without a high-speed charging network, buyers will be reluctant to purchase this vehicle.

I'm not going to wait for this vehicle, but honestly, for most of my use, I'd take 300 miles over a supercharger network. There aren't any on any of my longer routes, so unless I'm taking a trip down the east coast (done twice in my 3 years of ownership), I wouldn't miss it.

It's OK, but doesn't do too much for me looks-wise (and I'm an Audi guy). The projected date also has me yawning:

Audi will present an electric SUV in early 2018. The e-tron quattro concept provides a concrete foretaste of this,” said Ulrich Hackenberg, head of research and development.

Should Tesla deliver my X this year, I will have enjoyed it for more than 2 years by the time this is available (and the Model 3 should be close to shipping). I'm glad they're moving along, but by then we might have 100kwh Model Xs rolling around