Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi Q6 e-tron EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you can see the car a little bit closer (starts from 13:12):

They talk about the design of the car. I always felt Audi cars "boring" and ugly with their massive unaesthetic grills, unklike american cars with their stylish chrome grills. AUDI EV cars have an inverted grille. To me, this grille looks more like the car is vomiting - OMG.

Last edited:
etron1.jpg

etron2.jpg

etron3.jpg

etron4.jpg

etron5.jpg

etron6.jpg

Look great, I am interested.

What are those white disks at the rims?
Improving aerodynamics?

Not sure about those on the E-Tron.
First, I thought they might be turbofans for brake cooling, which suck air through the rims over the brake disks using centrifugal forces.
But for this to work, the rims must be closed off, but on the E-Tron they are completely open.
I don't think they are only there to look cool, so my guess is they have something to do with aerodynamics.

883ddcab5ce98c067986f93c58d9c20d.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: skitown
Not sure about those on the E-Tron.
First, I thought they might be turbofans for brake cooling, which suck air through the rims over the brake disks using centrifugal forces.
But for this to work, the rims must be closed off, but on the E-Tron they are completely open.
I don't think they are only there to look cool, so my guess is they have something to do with aerodynamics.
To me they look like part of the camouflage, and not the final design.

Reactions: daktari
Honestly it looks ok, just like other Audis. Nothing too extravagant.
That's the point. EVs don't need to be alien escape pods. They can be normal beautiful cars with different fuel and instant torque. One of my favorite ways to describe the Model S to non-EV enthusiasts is that outside of all the cool tech, it's basically a normal car. That's a good thing.

I just noticed that this thread started almost three years ago, and they still haven't sold one. It's not like AUDI is a start-up with lots of scaling up problems, etc. The Model 3 development cycle seems like warp speed compared with most of the "legacy" automakers, who are still announcing that they too will have something competitive to today's Tesla in a couple of years. More of too little, too late, I think

I just noticed that this thread started almost three years ago, and they still haven't sold one.

Obviously none have been sold since its not on the market yet..
The actual production car will be revealed later at an event in Brussels in August. That's when and where we expect to learn more precise details about the E-tron SUV, such as more specific range, performance, pricing and packaging. Deliveries for the 2019 model year EV are expected to commence by the end of 2018.
Audi hides its electric E-Tron prototypes in plain sight at the Geneva Motor Show

I don't expect to be taken seriously!

On the other hand, I am tired of major auto companies putting out recurring announcements of super, Tesla beating cars with wonderful specs and great prices in just two years. The problem is, at least until recently, those "two years" keep receding into the future as time goes by, while Tesla moves on ahead.

With respect to the Model 3, it is actually an interesting question as to when the development of the Model 3 began, but the time from the initial showing (as with the Audi in 2015) to production was only one year.

I don't expect to be taken seriously!

On the other hand, I am tired of major auto companies putting out recurring announcements of super, Tesla beating cars with wonderful specs and great prices in just two years. The problem is, at least until recently, those "two years" keep receding into the future
I'd like to see some examples of that. This thread's Audi BEV was revealed in autumn 2015 and it was stated that it would enter production in 2018 which is on schedule.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: tescroft and bxr140