TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Audio Ads are VERY ANNOYING!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Phil Seastrand, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Phil Seastrand

I just noticed today that at least one of the ads displayed on the top and/or bottom of each page starting playing audio. This is VERY annoying when I'm trying concentrate on reading the contents of the page or watching a video in another linked page. Please limit ads to display only!

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. danny

danny Administrator

Thanks for letting us know.

From our understanding, we do not allow any audio ads. However, we will look into how/why this may have come up for you. I encourage anyone else to sees an audio ad to please take a screenshot and share it with us.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Yep I got ads with audio as well. They were also animated and caused performance issues, like dropped letters while typing forum posts.

The audio ads were the last straw so I enabled an ad blocker for the site, so I don't see, or hear, them anymore... (If nobody else posts screenshots maybe I will re-enable ads to try to get one for you.)