Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio automatically plays when open door

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
As soon as I open the door, the radio, or iPhone audio, automatically plays on the car's sound system.
Short of muting audio before exiting the car, Is there any way to prevent this and delay the audio, at least until I hit the brake.
Thanks!

RCM11

May 3, 2021
Illinois
Unfortunately, if you leave the audio on while parking and then exiting the car, it will be on when you start the car next, unless you were using your phone as the audio source upon exiting the car and disabled Bluetooth on your phone before unlocking it again (fat chance of that being the case, however, especially if you use your phone as the key as most of us do).

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
The audio on a Tesla is all over the place. I think this is mostly when the car goes into a deep sleep. There are times it will be on the radio and not on streaming, ect. What use to happen while streaming is the song would start from the beginning each time you enter the vehicle.

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
it will be on when you start the car next
Thanks, but wish it was more like a regular car, where it's not started until you do something (putting foot on brake).
I mainly listen to AM talk radio (so, this car is a step backwards, audio-wise), but I imagine some might have had not safe for children music playing when they got back into car with their family.
Daddy what does **** mean?

RedTesY

Mar 26, 2017
North Central, WA
My experience has been that if I press the left hand steering wheel button to "mute" the stereo, it will come on when I enter the car the next time. But if I turn the volume all the way down with the steering wheel button, or volume control on the screen, it will stay off when I enter the car the next time.

• Informative
Reactions: haroldo

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC