Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio automatically plays when open door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As soon as I open the door, the radio, or iPhone audio, automatically plays on the car's sound system.
Short of muting audio before exiting the car, Is there any way to prevent this and delay the audio, at least until I hit the brake.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, if you leave the audio on while parking and then exiting the car, it will be on when you start the car next, unless you were using your phone as the audio source upon exiting the car and disabled Bluetooth on your phone before unlocking it again (fat chance of that being the case, however, especially if you use your phone as the key as most of us do).

The audio on a Tesla is all over the place. I think this is mostly when the car goes into a deep sleep. There are times it will be on the radio and not on streaming, ect. What use to happen while streaming is the song would start from the beginning each time you enter the vehicle.

it will be on when you start the car next
Thanks, but wish it was more like a regular car, where it's not started until you do something (putting foot on brake).
I mainly listen to AM talk radio (so, this car is a step backwards, audio-wise), but I imagine some might have had not safe for children music playing when they got back into car with their family.
Daddy what does **** mean?

My experience has been that if I press the left hand steering wheel button to "mute" the stereo, it will come on when I enter the car the next time. But if I turn the volume all the way down with the steering wheel button, or volume control on the screen, it will stay off when I enter the car the next time.

• Informative
Reactions: haroldo
Thanks, but wish it was more like a regular car, where it's not started until you do something (putting foot on brake).
I mainly listen to AM talk radio (so, this car is a step backwards, audio-wise), but I imagine some might have had not safe for children music playing when they got back into car with their family.
I was about to post my own thread on this topic, but saw yours. Exactly this!

Radio should be at pause state until at least a front door is open. Foot on brake or pressing play, as well.

Reactions: haroldo
I get it. I wish the same, too. I also listen to AM sports radio and have been forced to use the TuneIn app or find the AM station‘s equivalent on FM HD radio. Not an ideal situation at all. The reception is also total crap on Tesla radios.