TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Audio automatically tuning into NPR's "Car Talk"?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by PureAmps, Jan 27, 2013.

1. PureAmps

PureAmps Model S P85 (#2817)

I've now had two occurrences where I've returned to my car and the audio was tuned in into the NPR show "Car Talk" via the Tune In Internet Radio. I normally listen to either FM radio or Bluetooth audio via my phone, so I found this rather odd. I've only played with the Internet Radio options a few times and have never tuned in to the NPR "Car Talk" show (though I'm familiar with the program).

The first time this happened I got in the car after my wife had driven it, and thought it rather strange she would have selected "Car Talk" to listen to as she drove. I asked her about it and she had no idea why that was selected because she usually only listens to FM or Pandora on her phone.

This evening it happened again but I was the only driver. I exited the car while listening to music via bluetooth and took my phone with me. The car had previously been set to an FM station. When I returned later in the evening the car was tuned in to "Car Talk" again via Tune In.

Anyone else seen similar behavior? Maybe a Tesla "easter egg"? Or is my car just possessed like Christine?

2. Twiddler

Twiddler Member

I am sure that the guys would claim this an act of terrorism :rolleyes:

3. GSP

GSP Member

"Open the pod doors HAL."

"I can't do that Dave."

:smile:

GSP

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I wouldn't notice because my car basically sits on WABE, Atlanta's NPR station. It is still my only preset.

5. PureAmps

PureAmps Model S P85 (#2817)

I'm wondering if the stereo automatically cycles through the audio inputs until it finds a valid input source when it turns on. So maybe my FM reception was poor when I opened the door, so it went down the input list and picked Tune In radio. Still not sure why Tune In was set to "Car Talk". I changed the default Tune In station to another channel in case it happens again, at least I know what channel to expect. But if it comes up with "Car Talk" again then there is definitely something fishy going on. :)

6. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member