Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio bug after receiving a phone call

rosh

Jan 17, 2018
phildelphia
I just picked up today. Everything is gravy, but after receiving a phone call the audio cut out. Any audioafrom the system, FM/streaming/Bluetooth even auditory cues could only be described as a constant clicking sound. Anyone else notice this?

MKandyman

May 1, 2016
Chicago, U.S.A.
Just picked up my 3 yesterday, and this happened to me after picking up coffee this morning after I got back in the car. While futzing with my phone to resolve the issue, the car did a soft reboot by itself, and after it reloaded everything was normal. No issues since......fingers crossed.

fseir

May 1, 2016
Honolulu
I had this happen to me today, after making a phone call. Engaging and disengaging autopilot sounded like the old Steve Austin bionic man sfx. Turn signals, too.

Did a soft reboot and the problem went away. Hope this doesn’t happen every time I get a phone call...

Pkmmte

Le meow
Sep 19, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Mine did the same thing the day after I picked it up randomly on an older software version. Now I can replicate that consistently by leaving the heat on all night and attempting to use the turn signals. It's always the turn signal sound that trigger this for me.

rick

Dec 12, 2013
madison wisconsin
Mine did the same thing the day after I picked it up randomly on an older software version. Now I can replicate that consistently by leaving the heat on all night and attempting to use the turn signals. It's always the turn signal sound that trigger this for me.
I had the same problem--2 day old car-clicking and cyclical electrical interference sound-no audio---fixed with soft reboot.

GT74

Aug 8, 2018
Maarssen
Same here still. Has something to do with the phone for sure. Any others with recent issues and are your issues fixed in the mean time?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC