TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Audio bug after receiving a phone call

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by rosh, Apr 27, 2018.

1. rosh

rosh Member

I just picked up today. Everything is gravy, but after receiving a phone call the audio cut out. Any audioafrom the system, FM/streaming/Bluetooth even auditory cues could only be described as a constant clicking sound. Anyone else notice this?

2. chilman408

chilman408 Member

I had this issue, just reboot the mcu

3. MKandyman

MKandyman Member

Just picked up my 3 yesterday, and this happened to me after picking up coffee this morning after I got back in the car. While futzing with my phone to resolve the issue, the car did a soft reboot by itself, and after it reloaded everything was normal. No issues since......fingers crossed.

4. fseir

fseir Member

I had this happen to me today, after making a phone call. Engaging and disengaging autopilot sounded like the old Steve Austin bionic man sfx. Turn signals, too.

Did a soft reboot and the problem went away. Hope this doesn’t happen every time I get a phone call...

5. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Yep but since newer software have not seen/heard the alien cricket; my car has 2018.14.13

6. fseir

fseir Member

Mine happened with 2018.14.13.

7. gtmotor

gtmotor Member

Me too. I wasn't sure if it was the car or the phone so I just rebooted both of them and it was fine after that.

8. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

Mine did the same thing the day after I picked it up randomly on an older software version. Now I can replicate that consistently by leaving the heat on all night and attempting to use the turn signals. It's always the turn signal sound that trigger this for me.

9. rick

rick Member

I had the same problem--2 day old car-clicking and cyclical electrical interference sound-no audio---fixed with soft reboot.

10. GutsyGibbon

GutsyGibbon Member

Mine happens with 2018.14.13 as well. The entire audio path is messed up. Clicking sound with FM radio as well. Hope they fix it soon!

11. GT74

GT74 New Member

Same here still. Has something to do with the phone for sure. Any others with recent issues and are your issues fixed in the mean time?

12. Canikony

Canikony Member

I've had this happen a couple times. I'm on 36.2

Rebooting the MCU helps.

13. Need

Need Active Member

I had this about 1 week after delivery back early September. Rebooted MCU and fixed it. It hasn't happened again.