Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio bug craziness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 model S with 2022.44.25.3 installed. I'm going nuts. Had the car a little over a week and I keep loosing bass in the audio (only front speakers) no voice control, ANC not available. is it only me or is anyone else suffering with this?

It's happened around 15 times now. Two scroll wheel reset doesn't help, tried disabling sentry but still a thing. I even fully reset the car and reinstalled software in service mode.

Only way it resolves itself temporarily is with a deep sleep cycle, ie overnight.

Bueler?

@Dbscal - Never had the problem in both a 2022 S and 2022 Y. My last release in my S is 2022.44.25.5. It does sound like a firmware issue but doesn't seem common. Hopefully, Tesla can sort it out.

What sources are you using and does changing sources fix/change how it works or fails? I use mostly USB and Streaming and rarely any other sources.

Upvote 0
I’m curious what you mean by this, and how you reinstalled software? And which service mode are you talking about? I had issue with door controls on my 2021, that only resolved when I happened to get next firmware push from Tesla. Thanks
Search for service mode in these forums for details. It's not the same as getting a new update from Tesla.

Upvote 0
Right, but I’ve not heard of anyone using Service Mode on a 2021+ and to reinstall software. So my question for @Dbscal is what did they do.
I’m pretty sure service mode works on new Teslas. See this post and subsequent ones for details:

Post in thread 'Service Mode- What can I do with it?'
Service Mode- What can I do with it?

The software reinstall just reinstalls the version you already have, it won’t revert to an older version. This is used when people have issues installing an update.

Upvote 0
Just to confirm yes, service mode is functional in my 2022. Issue is still ongoing however. It happens daily (After driving the first time) and seems to occur after being in a location that starts sentry mode.

I read some historical forum posts from 3 and Y owners of a similar issue with sentry mode effecting this and they were able to rectify with a dual scroll wheel reboot. This is not the case though for my model S. I disabled sentry mode for a while to see if that helped but it still came back.

I'm just using FM radio and TuneIn as audio sources. I got quite accustomed to voice controls as well and that stops functioning too with this potential bug. No ANC completes the plethora of errors. As a Linux engineer I would love to see the syslog of the debian OS underneath. That would probably give me a what I need to diagnose what's happening myself. Maybe someday we can view that 😔

Upvote 0
Car is with Service. Spoke to the tech and they said due to covid (Common phrase) they rushed some wiring looms and have seen similar issues with the audio system. Hopefully they know how to fix it

Other interesting tidbit. I asked about whether he thinks Tesla will retrofit the motorized center display. He seemed to think so, or was quietly confident they would soon. He mentioned that some cars have been fitted with lower performance computer parts and is impacting the new gaming applications such as steam that have recently been pushed out. That will also be addressed supposedly.

Upvote 0
Update. Got the car back from service. Report from technicians was that there was a loose connection.

See below report

I hope this helps someone else In the future

Audio diagnostic was performed in order to track issue and where to begin, headliner panel was removed, trunk liner was also removed. Trunk area was accessed to be able performed low voltage test to amp. Another amp was used in an attempt to replicate concern, but issue continued. Headliner was removed to performed inspection of both FR and FL microphones. Audio system in this particular vehicle is link together in a form of chain, when one component fails the rest stop functioning. In this particular case it was found that the FL microphone connection was soft seated/loose, causing intermittent cutting in audio and other related audio features. Once issue was successfully addressed there was no longer any audio issues.

Reactions: Moonlight
Upvote 0
I am currently having this issue with my 2023 Model Y - no rear or door speakers, no voice command, no dome light activation when pressed or selected on screen. Did everything you mentioned, soft reboot, hard reboot, software reinstall, no luck. Have my appointment in two weeks. Just got the car last week, also.

• Disagree
Reactions: Propofoln
Upvote 0